Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's so great about this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
I see this "Chalon Manual" on Ebay for $32 with 4 bids on it. I don't get it. confused24.gif I have one of those, and I will gladly part with it for 32 bucks. Is this a case of "stupid is as stupid does"?

Chalon Manual on Ebay
Mueller
I have one of those, and I will gladly part with it for 32 bucks. Is this a case of "stupid is as stupid does"?

that's a pretty harsh comment.....obviously these people bidding do not have the manual just sitting around collecting dust, therefore, it's worth what they are willing to pay for it....if you feel so sad for them, why don't you offer to make copies or just give yours away since you feel it has zero value smile.gif
thomasotten
Oh gee...
dlo914
note: "...this auction is for a copy of the original 16 page instruction booklet ..."- - - prolly a xerox copy ohmy.gif
bob91403
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Sep 23 2004, 07:34 PM)
I see this "Chalon Manual" on Ebay for $32 with 4 bids on it. I don't get it. confused24.gif I have one of those, and I will gladly part with it for 32 bucks. Is this a case of "stupid is as stupid does"?

Chalon Manual on Ebay

Just scan it, and post it, let everyone have a copy for free. I'm sure the copyright has expired, otherwise the guy selling a copy on ebay would be in deep sh-t.
dlo914
agree.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(bob91403 @ Sep 23 2004, 10:36 PM)
I'm sure the copyright has expired...

i am not sure ...

US copyright law is life of the author plus 50 years.

there are some 'fair use' provisions that could make a copy available to a legitimate owner of an unassembled kit, for instance.

technically, it's probably not a legal auction. more likely, the original author simply does not care to deal with it, having moved on to bigger and better things.

this is always a touchy subject regarding Porsche documentation. there are useful documents that are NLA, yet Porsche is neither interested in authorising reproduction nor re-issuing them themselves. so there is a grey area in which guys offering reproductions for little more than cost operate. i'm sure Porsche knows about some of them but stays out of the way.

if i had a pile of Chalon parts in my garage but no manual, it'd be worth some amount to obtain the documentation, i'd think ... or if i bought a completed car, and wondered how it was assembled to facilitate repaint or repair.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.