Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First and reverse grinding.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
5dogs
Hello, I have a tranny question. I just got the 914 on the road and it was initially shifting well. Now after a couple of days of short drives, first and reverse are almost impossible to get into without severe grinding. Could this be a clutch adjustment problem or shift linkage (or both)?? It doesn't seem it would be a synchro problem because it was shifting well at first and the fact that it is first and reverse. What is the proper procedure for adjusting clutch cable? Haynes is kind of vague. Please help!! Thanks
Red-Beard
if 1st and reverse, then you're dragging the clutch.
rhodyguy
double nuts on the clutch cable?

kevin
TBrads914/6
Could be that you clutch tube has broken loose in the tunnel or where it exits the fire wall. Mine did the same thing and after re-welding in both locations it is as good as new. Be very careful at the fire wall. Your right next to the fuel lines. My car was tore apart and the lines removed. Other will have to chime in on the best safety option with the engine in the body.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.