Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC - Nephew is Top Rousch Seller Worldwide 2nd Year
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
Definitely car related! drooley.gif wub.gif .... Mustangs - not 914s - though.

So this is a little family bragging about one of my nephews in the car biz - since I forgot to put up when he won it last time for 2010 - and he's gotten it for 2011 too! first.gif

My nephew John - at Ray Skillman Ford in the Indy area - is the top Rousch Mustang Dealer worldwide - apparently by a huge margin - in terms of the cars sold, and has built himself into the go to guy from the USA/North America, Europe & worldwide for anyone wanting a new Rousch Mustang - or Shelby Cobra `Stang, SVT, or any other specially tweaked new Mustang.

Here's the video of him getting the 2011 award .... I know, boring, but there are good shots of the cars in it & he has his dealer contact info at the end of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqjTHFGx0-Y...02fAUAAAAAAABAA

He also apparently has a gazillion uploads on how to set-up these specialty `Stangs, & he said to google his name + Mustang type.gif
.... and you'll get him on the first 40 pages or something huh.gif .

Those of you into Mustangs will probably enjoy his other more Mustang oriented stuff better!

Plus he puts on a big Rousch/Mustang gathering on June 29th 2012 at the Ray Skillman dealership, if you're in the Indianapolis IN area then. Here's some clips from the 2010 one he sent me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdrEyZ4tw94...e49AUAAAAAAAOAA

Okay...my duty as a proud uncle is done ! biggrin.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Black914_4
Cool. Congrats piratenanner.gif

I'll pick the mustang over the camaro any day!
biosurfer1
it's "Roush" unless they changed the name:)
Tom_T
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 30 2012, 05:45 PM) *

biggrin.gif ... I never was a good speller!
orange914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 30 2012, 05:48 PM) *

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 30 2012, 05:45 PM) *

biggrin.gif ... I never was a good speller!

Rousch... Roush
Porsche... Porshe

All the same, they both draw good quality peeps

Congrates Tom on the nephews' success
Tom_T
Thanx all! smile.gif

My nephew was crazy for Mustangs as a kid, and started buying & selling them at 14 - before he could even drive them - and has had at least one almost all of the time for the past 20+ years.

His current ride is one of the first 2011 "new aluminum" 5.0 Cobra SVTs in red, with the usual decals/stripes delete (he didn't like the white or black & may have had some silver ones made by now) ......

When he got early deliver +/- May 2009:
Click to view attachment

From our visit to Indy Summer 2010:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Note the "SirAndy school of photography" pix by my sister or wife! biggrin.gif

He's very "particular" with his 'Stangs & takes excellent care of them, only driving them in summer/good weather, and has a Fusion SVT for a DD. shades.gif
Tom_T
Some pix I found in my family pix files (as opposed to the important stuff - car stuff biggrin.gif ) from his 2010 top ROUSH sales in the World award:

Click to view attachment

... and what it's really all about, the cars! driving.gif driving-girl.gif w00t.gif

Click to view attachment

.... in my fave color range ..... Blue!!!! drooley.gif wub.gif

shades.gif
TJB/914
Tom T

It must run in your family genes. beerchug.gif

I love Mustangs too. Roush's factory assemble plant is nearby and whenever I am in the area I stop to check them out. Here's a few photo's at their former lot before they moved down the street into a fenced yard away from the public view.

Tom
Tom_T
Thanx Tom,

If you happen to be able to get down to Indy for that 6/29/12 Roush event at my nephew's Ray Skillman Ford Dealership (technically in Greenville IN I think?), I'll be in town that week with my wife for my sister's wedding on the 30th, so give me a shout & come by there for a chat & chowtime.gif & drooley.gif at cars!!!! biggrin.gif
Ferg
Very cool, I'm a huge fan of the new Mustangs, have gotten real close to pulling the trigger and then they come out with something even cooler/better biggrin.gif

The new Roush's are much more appealing to look at, vs the 2005-9 models.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 4 2012, 02:20 PM) *

Very cool, I'm a huge fan of the new Mustangs, have gotten real close to pulling the trigger and then they come out with something even cooler/better biggrin.gif

The new Roush's are much more appealing to look at, vs the 2005-9 models.

IIRC this year's release is the bigger block aluminum V8 (5.4L?) which is supposed to be around 650 hp I think, so that would be a good timing for getting one. IIRC it's also going back to a full ind. rear susp. again then for the 2013 MY.

My nephew had held off getting his most recent red M-Cobra SVT above until the 2010 models for the same reason - the 500 hp 5.0L Aluminum block V8 coming out. He also passed on upgrading his prior red M-Cobra (99 IIRC) cuz - while he liked the new retro-mod body style, it was less of a performance drivetrain in them than his was, up until the 2010 MY.

Geez - I don't know how he's not crawling with cops & tickets with a red convertible that fast! shades.gif

Heck, I got tickets left & right as a teen with a red Opel Kadette with a measly 1.1L I-4 motor, then again while my 73 914-2.0 was painted in the Copper Metallic 76-80! dry.gif
SUNAB914
Congrats, you uncle!
rwilner
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 4 2012, 06:34 PM) *

Geez - I don't know how he's not crawling with cops & tickets with a red convertible that fast! shades.gif

When I got my first job out of grad school I bought a 2004 bright blue Mustang Mach 1 with 1400 miles on it, and I put an H pipe and Borla stinger exhaust on it the first day I had it.

I owned the car for 12 months. In that time I got 5 (that's FIVE) speeding tickets.

I traded it for a silver accord and drove the exact same speeds on the exact same roads. I've gotten zero tickets in 7 years.
Tom_T
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Apr 4 2012, 05:22 PM) *

Congrats, you uncle!

Thanx Gunny! smile.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(rwilner @ Apr 5 2012, 06:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 4 2012, 06:34 PM) *

When I got my first job out of grad school I bought a 2004 bright blue Mustang Mach 1 with 1400 miles on it, and I put an H pipe and Borla stinger exhaust on it the first day I had it.

I owned the car for 12 months. In that time I got 5 (that's FIVE) speeding tickets.

I traded it for a silver accord and drove the exact same speeds on the exact same roads. I've gotten zero tickets in 7 years.

Believe me Rich, I know only too well! dry.gif

I repainted my 73 2L from that 75 MY 914 Copper Metallic - really a metallic bright orange in the SoCal sun - to the Anthracite (Dark Grey) Metallic (my "Pavement Cammy") as seen in my avatar during the rolling resto in 1980.

After that I got no more sideways looks from Cops/CHPs - let alone no more tickets - driving the same way & same speeds in the same dang car - my 914!!!! huh.gif
underthetire
Girlfriend has the 06GT. Not a bad car. I love the new Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition though.
EdwardBlume
beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.