Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CSV connection polarity......does it matter?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Strudelwagon
So I tried starting up the beast after 2 years and I put everything back to stock.
When I fired it up,it ran like crap! Wouldn't idle and just sounded like garbage.
New plugs and wires,new fuel lines,filters and vacuum lines.

So I started checking all connection and bingo! Broken wire on the CSV harness ,had been repaired before.

Only issue,when I pulled off the electric tape the connectors dropped out of the plastic plug holder.

So,does it matter which wire goes where? If so,how do you know....both wires in the harness are white. confused24.gif

SW
Strudelwagon
Found it! BOWLSBY......YOU ROCK.
Your GA Harness diagram was perfect for what I needed.
Click to view attachment
Thanks JEFF pray.gif pray.gif

SW
Cap'n Krusty
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, there's only ONE wire to the CHT sensor.

Well, don't I feel stupid. "CSV" harness. Ok, 2 wires, yes it matters, and Jeff's diagram is well suited to aiding you in the repair. However, most of us never start the car under conditions where the CSV actually activates, so the question is somewhat moot.

The Cap'n
ape914
CHT harness???????? what is it if it got more than one wire??????
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(ape914 @ Mar 30 2012, 08:12 PM) *

CHT harness???????? what is it if it got more than one wire??????

Sorry Boys, I meant CSV
JeffBowlsby
Thanks but undeserved.....

The 1970-74 CSV (a simple solenoid valve) has only two wires...one is power, the other is ground if and only if the TS senses something like 20F, and the engine is cranking. Otherwise the circuit remains open and the valve does not spray. At least that is how it is supposed to work.

I think you may have fixed some other issue unknowingly.
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 30 2012, 10:47 PM) *

Thanks but undeserved.....

The 1970-74 CSV (a simple solenoid valve) has only two wires...one is power, the other is ground if and only if the TS senses something like 20F, and the engine is cranking. Otherwise the circuit remains open and the valve does not spray. At least that is how it is supposed to work.

I think you may have fixed some other issue unknowingly.

Thanks Jeff,
The PO had a number of things disconnected or plugged. The AAR port to the airbox was plugged. He had a potentiometer c/w on/off in line with the CHT and who knows what else. Looks like I'm going to have to go through everything.

You still deserve thanks as I've used just about every hand drawn wiring diagram you have on your site to reconnect all the wiring. Much easier than trying to figure out the factory schematic.

SW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.