Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Who Attended the Barber GrandAm/Indy Event?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maf914
I had posed this question in the earlier "Who's Going?" thread, but could someone comment on the crowd size for this event and indicate how difficult it was to park, get around, find decent viewing spots, etc? I've been to the track for two GrandAm events when they were held in July, before they added the Indy race and moved the date to March last year, and enjoyed the track and area.

In the previous thread I had witten "I am interested to hear how the crowd and viewing is during the event. When I attended the Grand Am weekends in the past the wooded areas along the back straight (you can also see the front straights from there) were packed with viewers looking for shade. With a larger crowd for the Indy Car event I wonder how crowded the viewing areas are?"

Thanks. smile.gif

carr914
I didn't go, but I believe there is a Spectator Limit at Barber (maybe 40,000)
rfuerst911sc
I was there on Sunday with my son. It was the first time at that track so I really don't have a feel for how crowded it can get. In my opinion it was fairly full but as we walked the track we could find spots to view/sit without any problems. But I will say the lack of traffic control AFTER the race ended was a real pain in the ass dry.gif . We sat in our car for over 30 minutes without moving more than 3 car lengths. Sebring and Road Atlanta do a much better job with traffic flow with much larger crowds.
jt914-6
My girlfriend and I was there (standing in front of the winning DP Corvette post race). We parked in the Corvette Corral so parking wasn't a problem. They have shuttles to take you to different parts of the track. It was our first time there and next time we'll take some lawn chairs.

Click to view attachment
Type 47
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 2 2012, 02:18 PM) *

My girlfriend and I was there (standing in front of the winning DP Corvette post race). We parked in the Corvette Corral so parking wasn't a problem. They have shuttles to take you to different parts of the track. It was our first time there and next time we'll take some lawn chairs.

Click to view attachment

Sweet another 914/Corvette guy aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.