Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there a grasshopper out there?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Curvie Roadlover
That creamsickle has sail panel vinyl. I thought the LE's didn't have sail vinyl idea.gif
JeffBowlsby
Hi Tom, In 1974, Targa bar vinyl was stock on all USA cars, and optional on the Euro cars. For the 914LE cars (and apparently the 914GT), the factory swapped that to make them unique from the other cars on the lot. So in the USA the 914 LE cars have no vinyl, and the 914 GT cars do...go figure.

Check out the Bumblebee 914GT on teh 914LE Registry (VIN 16276)...it has vinyl. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
what about this one?

Real LE, converted to race-car. with a 2.6L engine ...
JeffBowlsby
DO you know anything more about this racecar Andy? I have that photos and always wondered about it. I have heard that Greg Fordahl used to race a Bumblebee LE and wondered if'n that car was his.

confused24.gif
Bleyseng
That pic could be from Bremerton Raceway...I will ask Greg next time I see him and ask for a pic too.

Geoff
Rusty
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 3 2004, 10:15 AM)
That pic could be from Bremerton Raceway...I will ask Greg next time I see him and ask for a pic too.

I was at Bremerton once, I think. I wish I was more active in the PCA back then.

I lived in the Tacoma area from 95-97. That was a great place to live.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Bleyseng
Rusty, where did you do the resto on the LE? Was that in Tackyoma?? Seems like I remember that back in that time period.

Geoff
SirAndy
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Oct 3 2004, 08:10 AM)
DO you know anything more about this racecar Andy? I have that photos and always wondered about it. I have heard that Greg Fordahl used to race a Bumblebee LE and wondered if'n that car was his.

sorry, no additional info on the car ...

sad.gif Andy
Rusty
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 8 2004, 10:19 PM)
Rusty, where did you do the resto on the LE? Was that in Tackyoma?? Seems like I remember that back in that time period.

Des Moines, circa 1998.

Back when I lived in Tacoma/Fort Lewis, I drove a carbed, Olympic Blue 1973 1.7.

It had the license plate "914". I sold it to some guy out on the island. One of the worst mistakes I ever made.

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.