Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early 914-4 vs 914-6 Deep Rear Valance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
pete000
I did a search, but could not find.

On the 1970 is the deep rear valance pan on the 4 the same as the six?

looks like the exhaust hole might be located a bit different?
IronHillRestorations
The 914-6 rear valance is unique to 6's.
haasman
Speaking of ..... what is the exact color of the valence? Is it a satin black, a semi-satin?

Haasman
Michael N
QUOTE(pete000 @ Apr 4 2012, 09:57 PM) *

I did a search, but could not find.

On the 1970 is the deep rear valance pan on the 4 the same as the six?

looks like the exhaust hole might be located a bit different?

This thread show pics of each type. The /6 one has the exit hole more to the left edge of the valance.

valances

914-4

Click to view attachment

914-6

Click to view attachment
pete000
Thanks, that what I thought. Could probably modify a 4 to fit a 6 if you were handy with metal working... welder.gif
unpolire
QUOTE(haasman @ Apr 5 2012, 07:37 AM) *

Speaking of ..... what is the exact color of the valence? Is it a satin black, a semi-satin?

Haasman

Also need this answer! Just picked up an OEM rear valence for a 1971 914-4 in primer. Have an OEM front as well, and need to know the correct finish!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(unpolire @ Apr 5 2012, 02:59 PM) *

QUOTE(haasman @ Apr 5 2012, 07:37 AM) *

Haasman

Also need this answer! Just picked up an OEM rear valence for a 1971 914-4 in primer. Have an OEM front as well, and need to know the correct finish!

You are very lucky to have found one! I looked for 3 years before I got mine (for my '72 four).

These were finished in 3 stages.
1. Primer.
2. Body Shutz, both sides.
3. Satin black paint, both sides.

The Shutz should be applied at low pressure (30-35 psi), and allowed to set for a day or so before painting. Don't buy the Shutz in a rattle can! Pressure is too high and does not produce the correct base. A gun is still available to make the proper finish (last time I checked, it was about $40), and you'll need a compressor. Your local FLAPS shoule be able to help, and it makes all the difference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.