Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok, I am back on the car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
skline
Not offhand, I just told him I wanted a 2 in and 2 out muffler and he brought one out for a Camaro/Firebird, Thats what he said anyway. I just know that I really like the way it turned out. I will try to get it fired up this weekend. I got a ton of work to do for tomorrow and tomorrow evening. So the car wont get touched again till Saturday morning.
Aaron Cox
similar to what im doing

im guessing its a flowmaster 80series crossflow for a camaro. very slick, im going to be using a dynomax setup and stock heat exchangers
skline
It is not a Flowmaster, those are just too loud no matter which one you choose. Dynomax is quieter but I think this muffler is a Walker stock muffler. I told him I wanted it to be quiet.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(skline @ Oct 7 2004, 07:47 PM)
It is not a Flowmaster, those are just too loud no matter which one you choose. Dynomax is quieter but I think this muffler is a Walker stock muffler. I told him I wanted it to be quiet.

either way.... its way cool man!

also... was that with the muffler in the price?

i have the muffler...just wanna know a ballpark bend n weld tubing price
rick 918-S
Nice choice Scott! Can't wait til 05! clap56.gif
Andyrew
Hmmmm, I took my car to the muffler shop as well today!!!!.... Hhhhmmmmmm

Had the guy remove the cat... 20 bucks cash.

I must say, looks nice! I bet it sounds very simular to mine (minous the fact that mine has some exhaust leaks because the exhaust manifolds are wrong... lol)

Andrew
skline
Aaron, yes, that was including the muffler. I just dropped off the car with the headers installed, collectors were on the seat, and said "Do it". $350 later, it was done. I really like it too. Thanks for all the support in my decision guys, it makes me feel good.
Mrs. K
smilie_pokal.gif
The car looks great, Scott!
Hope you get all the wiring done this
weekend so you can fire that bad boy up! clap56.gif

Lisa w00t.gif
skline
I had to go to the third page to find this thread and its only been a day or so. That is why I think we should nail a progress thread for users to post their stuff. Anyway, here are some pictures of what I got done this moring so far. A big thank you goes out to Craig at Camp914 for the shock kits, the front one was so easy to install a child could do it. The rear one was almost as easy, it helped that I had done it before on my last one. He sure makes a nice kit. Here are pictures of the front and rear installed and more pictures of the very clean muffler install that Mesa Muffler did for me the other day. I am still fighting with the sway bar bushings if anyone has any suggestions.

I started off with a little breakfast (for energy)
skline
Ok, now the car pics.
skline
The front shock kit installed.
skline
Now some better pictures of the muffler and the way he installed it.
skline
Ok, I worked all weekend on it with only a few interuptions, I am still doing the wiring and adding the wires for the gauges and stuff. I have to go to work for a client so it will have to wait till tomorrow. I couldnt find the linkage connector at the auto swapmeet so I will order it from Jeg's tomorrow and should have it mid week with any luck. Tomorrow is another day. Just wanted to give everyone an update. <_<
skline
For those of you who want to see pictures, here is a few of what got done and what is left. I still have to mount the gauges and wire them in, finish the wiring in the engine compartment and mount the power cutoff switch, put the valve covers back on and put oil in it. Then I can try to start it up and do the 20 minute break in.
skline
Another
skline
The power switch
skline
Battery and wiring just needs to be tested and then cleaned up.
skline
The new gauges, at least that will be easy.
Aaron Cox
did it run yet? smash.gif
JB 914
Go Scotty Go smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif
skline
Nope, not yet, maybe tomorrow.
skline
Well, I got the initial wiring done enough to test everything, Charged the old battery up and then tried to start it. It turned over but sounded like the timing was way off, I got a backfire which means I am getting spark and gas so that is a good sign. I will screw with the distributor tomorrow and hopefully it will fire up. Just wanted to pass this along. And thanks to Jared (DrifterJay) for coming out and lending a hand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.