Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with a headlight issue.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
B2524
I have a 72 that I just got.
When you turn on the headlights they don't turn on or come up.
The parking lights work as they should.
So I turned the knob on the motors and got them to come up manually. It was obvious from the dirt they had not been up in years.
The light switch was in the on position when I did this.
When I shut them off they went down as they should. The light bulbs were never lit.
They Did not come up after that, except manually.
Fuses are all good.
I have swapped relays around on the fuse panel but that didn't hep. I'm not sure which relay on the panel is for the motors.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Prospectfarms
That was a good diagnostic idea. Wish I'd thought of it a couple of weeks ago. It makes sense (to me) that what you described would happen if one part of your light switch is working and an other is not.

Here's a link that might help.How the headlight lamp/motor circuit works

Per Cap'n Krusty: I also suggest that you examine a wire diagram for you year. An assortment of diagrams can be found at the Pelican Parts website.
1973-914-2L
Not sure if the 72 is the same as my 73 but I have another relay just below and to the inside of the head light motor .. if yours has the cover in the inner pull those .. I think its on yours also ...
Prospectfarms
'72 the same.... motor relay's up front next to HL assemblies, bright/dim illumination relay on fuse panel. IPB Image

Fuse 1-4 energizes the lights. Fuse 12 power's the motors.

Power travels from switch to fuse to relay (on some circuits) but the light fuses are actually powered from the front relay's
Lennies914
Is the key on?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.