Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear brake question, missing interior adjuster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
ok, today I am working on installing new rear pads and I pulled off the caliper to inspect... the was no aluminum adjuster cap on(no bigie, I have extras) but when I look inside, there is no adjuster! it looks like it is broken off, though I can't REALLY see in there, but it feels flat to the allen wrench...

I pulled off the other, same thing... what gives? what do I do now?

will a big clamp work to get the pads in?
McMark
The inners have a small geared piece that can fall out if the cap is not on. Nothin is broken off, you just need to replace the piece. But you can't just pry the piston back into place. You must use the adjuster. So you're stuck until you get at least one.
tat2dphreak
who has them?

PP?
Aaron Cox
im sure AA has the LAST ONE! laugh.gif
tat2dphreak
LOL, I'm sure they do!

I have a good extra set of front brakes...that I COULD use on the back...

but I need the e-brake to pass inspection
anthony
Are both caps and adjusters missing? You can use the one from the other side if only one is missing.

To do the adjusting I also had to buy a 4mm hex on a socket with an extension that that long enough to go through the trailing arm.
tat2dphreak
both were missing, but I, luckily remember I had an old rusted set off a previous 914... the 1 part that was usable was the adjusters... I had completely forgot about them, and didn't know they came out so easily!

1 more project down 999,999+ to go

thanks guys!! beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.