Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Measurements!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mr_Chu
Does anyone know the dimensions of a 914-6 motor mount? Size wise, how big the bolt sizes are and everything??

Also does anyone know the dimensions of the 914-6 sheet-metal?

I need to know the sizes and stuff... in cm would be nice.. but whatever will do! Is there a book that tells you this kind of stuff?? Well if anyone knows out there or knows of a website or something that would specify that would be great!
Mueller
are you trying to make one?? wacko.gif

there was a thread a few months ago on here about the bulkhead mounts, I'm 90% sure someone posted a picture of the mount and what size bolts are used....i believe JP did that and also said what size bolt he upgraded to (didn't have to, he just wanted to)
Mr_Chu
hah ya im trying to make one... biggrin.gif

I need the dimensions tho.. i tried looking at past threads but i didnt find much use..

I would save TONS of money by making the sheet metal and motor mount.. i have a buddy that does metal work.. he said he might be able to throw it together if i get the right information on it... thickness..width..lengths..thickness... pretty much the dimensions on the mount and sheet metal...

Anyone know of where i can find this info?? or know personally? Would save me tons of money!
Bleyseng
Maybe you could buy one and then copy it. I hand carried one over to Jeroen in Holland and the Rich Johnson mount is heavy. Its also pretty trick and would be difficult to copy.

I would not cheap out on this part and buy the damn thing.

Geoff
Mueller
1st off, let me just say that I recommend buying a Rich Johnson mount............

now, for making your own....in this thread motor mount thread, there is easliy enough information just from the pictures to make your own.....all you need to know is one or 2 "real" dimensions and start from there.....the 911 engine mount is something that you can buy dirt cheap and that part could be your "known" dimension, you then scale up or down depending on how large or small your printed copy of the pictures are.......sure it's a lot of work, but I don't think anyone is going to measure and reverse engineer a mount for you smash.gif
Mr_Chu
well the thing is I'm kind of broke.. just a college student trying to complete a 6 conversion.

I'm just going to try to make my own...worse comes to worse, i'll just have to spend the 1K on the 914-6 sheet metal and motor mount... but I dont know when i'll come up with that kind of funds..
Mueller
look for a thread by Root Werks, he describes doing a /6 conversion on the "cheap" side smash.gif
Mr_Chu
Tried looking for the thread you said by Root Werks.. couldn't find it tho.. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.