Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello PNW teeners!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
KELTY360
QUOTE(rohar @ Apr 17 2012, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 17 2012, 10:01 AM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ Apr 17 2012, 08:53 AM) *

Check out thw Juanita\Kirkland area. Just north of Bellevue. They are both on the east side. From either of these areas you could avoid the freeways altogether to get to where you work and your commute would probably be ~15 minutes. Juanita area is very affordable, too.

agree.gif Kirkland has a very nice, kinda funky downtown on Lk Washington.

Well crap. Kirkland is out. Kelty's into it and that's the worst sign for almost anything. His taste needs serious work. Have you seen his choice in clothes?

poke.gif

Waddaya mean?? It's not everybody that can rock tie die and argyle. Gotta make a statement...ya know.
messix
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 17 2012, 10:06 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Apr 16 2012, 08:53 PM) *

Leader?! lol-2.gif thats like herding cats on cat nip, like trying to coach the monkeys fuching the football, like teaching some one with parkinson's to thread a needle!! av-943.gif

don't listen to all these miscreants and asshats! slap.gif

i'm the reasonable sane one up here confused24.gif .... i really wondered if i could stoop to the low moral and ethical culture that this group consists of when i first found this "club" and the nefarious characters that inhabit this region are the worst! sheeplove.gif

what you really should be concerned with is who will ; break your door handle, cut up your car when you not looking, buy and sell more cars in a year than you've seen, build a radical car from scratch, hoardes rare unobtainium parts, beats the living shit out of a original six on the a/x, i could go on and on about these jokers but you will find out in time soon enough.....

TROY CATCHES SHIT ON FIRE
biggrin.gif

oh ya.... watch out for mikey when he's drink'n cause he likes man love when he's drunk!!! [not that there's any thing wrong with that if thats what you're into unsure.gif ]
dinomium
QUOTE(Tom @ Apr 17 2012, 04:33 PM) *

Don't rule out living over to the West on the peninsula. Less expensive and some distance from those wierd guys on the Seattle side! biggrin.gif poke.gif
And, the AX course is over here too !!!
Tom

Yup but he commute to the east side is a killer! If you want any real esate info for Kitsap i would be happy to help. I am the older better looking west side version of Jon.
shades.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(dinomium @ Apr 17 2012, 08:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom @ Apr 17 2012, 04:33 PM) *

Don't rule out living over to the West on the peninsula. Less expensive and some distance from those wierd guys on the Seattle side! biggrin.gif poke.gif
And, the AX course is over here too !!!
Tom

Yup but he commute to the east side is a killer! If you want any real esate info for Kitsap i would be happy to help. I am the older better looking west side version of Jon.
shades.gif

WTF.gif Do they not have any mirrors over there? happy11.gif
effutuo101
Dino! Take that picture of Jon off your mirror at once! We talked about that in therapy.

Did you miss us? blink.gif
mightyohm
Look what I stirred up! huh.gif

Thanks for all the suggestions regarding areas to look for housing - I'll have to get myself a big map of the area and start looking at rental listings.

Looking forward to meeting you all in person, it sounds like you guys have a very... interesting group up there. blink.gif

smile.gif
kwlane
Welcome! I work in downtown Bellevue at NE 4th and 108th as well in the Summit Building, so you are working within a block of where I work. Have lived in Newcastle for last 20 years and Bellevue before that. Newcastle /Newport Hillls is about a 15 minute commute if traffic is not bad. If you want to rent might check out Newport Hills. If you want to buy then sure Jon can help you with any area on the Eastside, they all have their charateristics.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(kwlane @ Apr 17 2012, 10:08 PM) *

Welcome! I work in downtown Bellevue at NE 4th and 108th as well in the Summit Building, so you are working within a block of where I work. Have lived in Newcastle for last 20 years and Bellevue before that. Newcastle /Newport Hillls is about a 15 minute commute if traffic is not bad. If you want to rent might check out Newport Hills. If you want to buy then sure Jon can help you with any area on the Eastside, they all have their charateristics.

agree.gif Newport Hills is a very nice area in Newcastle you should be able to find something in. A great neighborhood as well. I have sold a few homes in that area and my brother lives there now. All of them love the area.
messix
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 17 2012, 10:17 PM) *

agree.gif Newport Hills is a very nice area in Newcastle you should be able to find something in. A great neighborhood as well. I have sold a few homes in that area and my brother lives there now. All of them love the area.

haha av-943.gif newport hills will be fun for him when it snows lol-2.gif he's from texas, it's flat there and they get snow once in a hundred years! av-943.gif
6freak
Click to view attachment

bet ya never had the chance to ride one of these! be n from Texas and all...Something to look forward to unless you get sea icon8.gif
smile.gif
6freak
QUOTE(messix @ Apr 17 2012, 06:30 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 17 2012, 10:06 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Apr 16 2012, 08:53 PM) *

Leader?! lol-2.gif thats like herding cats on cat nip, like trying to coach the monkeys fuching the football, like teaching some one with parkinson's to thread a needle!! av-943.gif

don't listen to all these miscreants and asshats! slap.gif

i'm the reasonable sane one up here confused24.gif .... i really wondered if i could stoop to the low moral and ethical culture that this group consists of when i first found this "club" and the nefarious characters that inhabit this region are the worst! sheeplove.gif

what you really should be concerned with is who will ; break your door handle, cut up your car when you not looking, buy and sell more cars in a year than you've seen, build a radical car from scratch, hoardes rare unobtainium parts, beats the living shit out of a original six on the a/x, i could go on and on about these jokers but you will find out in time soon enough.....

TROY CATCHES SHIT ON FIRE
biggrin.gif

oh ya.... watch out for mikey when he's drink'n cause he likes man love when he's drunk!!! [not that there's any thing wrong with that if thats what you're into unsure.gif ]

Thats why i only drink a few times a year lol-2.gif anymore then that i might be gay unsure.gif ...Happy your cool with that Troy!

biggrin.gif
rohar
QUOTE(messix @ Apr 17 2012, 10:41 PM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 17 2012, 10:17 PM) *

haha av-943.gif newport hills will be fun for him when it snows lol-2.gif he's from texas, it's flat there and they get snow once in a hundred years! av-943.gif

So he'll have absolutely no experience driving in the snow. Sounds like he'll fit in over in the Seattle area just fine!

happy11.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 18 2012, 06:49 AM) *

Click to view attachment

bet ya never had the chance to ride one of these! be n from Texas and all...Something to look forward to unless you get sea icon8.gif
smile.gif

So just being from Texas you think the guy has never gone out of there to visit other places confused24.gif

jcambo7
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 18 2012, 10:03 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 18 2012, 06:49 AM) *

Click to view attachment

smile.gif

So just being from Texas you think the guy has never gone out of there to visit other places confused24.gif

He also makes it sound like ferries are so much fun. screwy.gif
mightyohm
Grew up in New Jersey, spent time on the East coast, ~20 years in California, 2 years in Texas. Haven't done a ton of driving in snow but enough to know to slow the hell down... You know it did snow here in Austin last year. biggrin.gif (not kidding)

That said, any boat you can drive a car onto is pretty cool.

beerchug.gif
J P Stein
Re: the boat.
That is salt water coming over the bow, dude.

The toughest thing to get used to is "the grays". I've been trying for 66 years with no joy. It's gray today as we speak and we in Portland get twice as many sunny days as Seattle.......but with way less that half the traffic. biggrin.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 18 2012, 12:00 PM) *

Re: the boat.
That is salt water coming over the bow, dude.

The toughest thing to get used to is "the grays". I've been trying for 66 years with no joy. It's gray today as we speak and we in Portland get twice as many sunny days as Seattle.......but with way less that half the traffic. biggrin.gif

If you look hard enough you can see the sun through the clouds! biggrin.gif
6freak
Click to view attachment
and you can take a ride on that boat to go catch a few King Salmon
smile.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Apr 17 2012, 09:24 PM) *

Dino! Take that picture of Jon off your mirror at once! We talked about that in therapy.

Did you miss us? blink.gif

That was at the gun range, not the mirror... chair.gif

Miss you guys? Looks like I never left! Troy catches stuff on fire, same bs different day
HA!
Of course I missed you fellow auto neanderthals!
J P Stein
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 18 2012, 01:29 PM) *

Click to view attachment
and you can take a ride on that boat to go catch a few King Salmon
smile.gif

Why do you think I still live up this way?
Pics of my son and some strange movement out in the river. blink.gif

The sun was imported for that occasion.
6freak
Lots of out door fun in the PNW ...and miles and miles and miles of twisty roads ..and lots of track and AX events..we have it all up here ...deserts,oceans,mountians ,lots of lakes and streams....its a nice place to live
smile.gif

aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 18 2012, 06:53 PM) *

Lots of out door fun in the PNW ...and miles and miles and miles of twisty roads ..and lots of track and AX events..we have it all up here ...deserts,oceans,mountians ,lots of lakes and streams....its a nice place to live
smile.gif

agree.gif

I've lived all over the world, but this is where I choose to be. beerchug.gif
mightyohm
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 17 2012, 05:38 AM) *

Hey Jeff - Hope you get a chance to visit up here before the move. Give us a couple of days notice and we'll assemble the nefarati for a meet and greet.

Also, if you your company finds a rental you're interested in you could request a PPI from one of us to put a set of eyes on the property before you have to make a decision. Look forward to meeting you.

Will do. I'll probably be up in the area with my wife in the next 2-3 weeks. Will give you a heads up if we have any time to spare, I'm hoping to stay the weekend and drive around the area.

Thanks for the tips on neighborhoods, everyone. I made a big list and I'm chatting with our real estate guy about rentals later today.

6freak
good luck! hope to meet you soon
smile.gif

maybe a BBQ with the NW flavor...everyone has to eat chowtime.gif
J P Stein

maybe a BBQ with the NW flavor...everyone has to eat .....Lutefisk.
6freak
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 19 2012, 07:55 PM) *

...Lutefisk...what`s that confused24.gif dont sound good

smile.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 20 2012, 06:34 AM) *

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 19 2012, 07:55 PM) *

...Lutefisk...what`s that confused24.gif dont sound good

smile.gif

Back when I grew up in Seattle it was very ethnic orientated. Ballard was chock o' block with Nordic types.....great folks except for some of their dining habits. Now that Seattle is Kaliforinicated, you'd probably have to search to find any of them.

http://www.davethefox.com/words/0112lutefisk.htm

Any critter that swims in the sea can be treated thus, it seems. Then there's pickled Herring.....which actually smells like something edible.
Bleyseng
Ya shor ya betca!

Lutefisk is awful but the blood pancakes are icon8.gif

Seattle is still little ethnic neighborhoods! Now there are Vietnamese, Somali, Taiwanese area..not too many Norse, Swedes etc thank God.
effutuo101
yeah, they all moved north to Everett...
jcambo7
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Apr 20 2012, 10:32 AM) *

yeah, they all moved north to Everett...

That explains that smell at Jon's house... icon8.gif

happy11.gif
PeeGreen 914
Perhaps James needs to learn where North Everett is poke.gif

Why would anyone in the NW eat that aweful fish when we have so much amazing seafood here confused24.gif Lutefisk is NOT to my taste icon8.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:45 AM) *

Perhaps James needs to learn where North Everett is poke.gif

Why would anyone in the NW eat that aweful fish when we have so much amazing seafood here confused24.gif Lutefisk is NOT to my taste icon8.gif

stirthepot.gif biggrin.gif
6freak
Elk burgers,Smoke Salmon ,Clams, Dungeness crab. shrimp....thats what im talk n bout chowtime.gif

smile.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 23 2012, 06:45 AM) *

Elk burgers,Smoke Salmon ,Clams, Dungeness crab. shrimp....thats what im talk n bout chowtime.gif

smile.gif

There's a place here in Anacortes here, that steams Penn Cove Mussels in a sauce made from coconut milk, wine and curry (among other tasty ingredients). . . drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif You just gotta love the PNW local cuisine!!
mightyohm
I have arrived! Cars will be here sometime in the next few days... Living in an empty house for now. We found a nice rental in Redmond with a 2 car garage. piratenanner.gif

Hope to meet up with all of you folks at some point in the near future. biggrin.gif Are there any local 914 events I should know about?
PeeGreen 914
Nice area smile.gif Just keep you eye on the teener tuesday thread. Other than that there are always the PCA autocrosses aktion035.gif
914werke
Welcome & prepare to repel Moss.
rhodyguy
always carry a sweatshirt or some thing in the car until you make the adj to the non 90* 90% weather. a cousin that lives in the D/FW area that freezes every time he comes home and he grew up here. he doesn't come oct to june. drive 40 miles east and you'll get all the heat you need.

you're at a nice halfway point for fun times both north and south.

welcome to the evergreen state!

k
Eddie914
Jeff,

Welcome!

I take my rat rod teener to the race track for DE days when I get a chance. I am hoping to attend an evening lapping day on 06/13/12 at Pacific Raceways in Kent sponsored by the NW Alfa Romeo Club. Stop by if you would like a ride (bring a helmet if you can).

Mine is usually the only 914 at the Alfa Club lapping days so not much 914 content.

Cheers,

Eddie
messix
some good roads just to the east, we should have a teener tuesday in carnation again and i can take you back along high bridge road on the way back to dump you off on hwy 9 to go back to redmond.
Mr.242
Welcome to WA State. Redmond is a good location and there are some cool roads in that part of the county.

C ya soon!
Zaney
Welcome!!!

Where in Redmond?
I am up on Education Hill just on the east side of Meadow park.

I can show ya the good watering holes in town. Especially, Black Raven Brewery!

Black Raven would be a great Teener Tuesday destination sometime!

Cheers!
Nate
KELTY360
Welcome! We'll have to hold an 'initiation' soon.
6freak
Welcome biggrin.gif R.E.I sells nice rain gear lol-2.gif .... and watch out for the gaint slugs ...dont step on one......Anywho welcome to the PNW...and the good weathers is on the way

smile.gif
rohar
I hate to break this to you, but you're thoroughly hosed. The Seattle area seems to have a high concentration of teener addicts. They'll probably pull you even deeper into your money pit.

Worse, most of them are of questionable character. I've hung around with some of the absolute dregs of humanity all around the world, spent years on a submarine, worked for numerous questionable .coms and I have no words to describe some of the blokes that have posted in this thread.

In truth, you fell in to a great bunch of guys. I don't have the opportunity to hang out with them much, but when I do I cherish the time.

Oh, and no raincoats/umbrellas. That's how they know you're a newbie/tourist. That, and invest in MossOut now. Lots of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.