Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fender well liner GB set of 4 -
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
StratPlayer
Very glad to see this project coming along. These are a great addition to your teener.
Mikey914
Did another run of these and will be adding to my Black Friday items. $88 for a set of all 4!

Reg $110
GeorgeRud
Do they work with the GT flares?
3d914
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Nov 23 2016, 09:58 AM) *

Do they work with the GT flares?

Ditto?
Mikey914
Yes, with modification. I can include additional material so you can make a perfect fit. The material is stout enough that it can be pop riveted easily onto the main parts.
eitnurg
I don't wish to rain on anyone's parade, but as I have fitted these to a car with flared arches, can I sound a note of caution here.
Cutting & riveting the "additional material" is laborious and results in a distinctly home-made item. I ended up using the standard liners as a basis for templates for widened items, which I then cut out of a new sheet of plastic material, an online supplier having matched a sample. Some of the original fastenings worked fine: others I had to re-make as the locations were different. Bit no hardship, and then eBay then found a willing purchaser of the original narrow liners.
A bit more messing around, but a much more professional looking installation, and something every 914 should have. There are enough cars around with flared arches: surely a one-off exercise with templates is feasible?
jmill
It sounds easy but all flare installs are not the same. From how high they are mounted, how far fore or aft to even if they are FG or steel is all different. About the only way to make it happen in one piece is to provide the material and have the buyer make a template and cut to fit. Some aren't that handy or patient. Mikes solution is a good option for them.
Mikey914
John hit the nail on the head. I can't make ??? variations cost effectively. If you don't mind paying a couple hundred dollars to have custom ones made, the modification is the best alternative.

By the way these are open now.
Found a few items didn't publish at midnight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.