Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fender well liner GB set of 4 -
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
I've been working on these for a bit and looks like I got these figured out and will have a set installed Saturday when I have some time. I'll be cutting these Friday for the test fit.

Also looking at an option to allow for a rubberedge so there will be a better seal and reduce any vibration noise. Might add $3-4 per liner but I need to install to see how well it works.

Right now I'm looking at having production available after WCR may have a few sets before pending the test fit. Also will have additional material available to modify for the flared cars that will require the installer to cut the contour and glue to the stock.

if you are interested let me know here.
TheCabinetmaker
1 set here for sure. Possibly more
mharmon
I'm in for 1 set for a flared car
Scott S
Does anyone have any detailed pics of the installation process and the end result? I have always been a bit worried about getting star cracks in my glass flairs - this may be a great option.

Thanks!!!
zonedoubt
I'm interested once I see what they look like installed and have an idea of how they fasten.
VoPo914
I'm in for a set when they become available! Thanks!!!
sixnotfour
1 set
JRust
I'm in for a set on a flared car
StratPlayer
This is how they fasten to the car
gothspeed
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 18 2012, 11:54 AM) *

I'm in for a set on a flared car

what he said ^^^ ............... beerchug.gif
pjhaun
I need a set for flared wheel wells.
Thank You!!!!
Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, WA.

pdlightning
I am in for a flaired set also, thanks.
rwilner
I am in but would like to see installed pics 1st

thanks!
nathansnathan
I'm in for a set.
914werke
Id be interested but id also like to see them installed. idea.gif
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(rwilner @ Apr 19 2012, 05:15 AM) *

I am in but would like to see installed pics 1st

thanks!

What he said.
Better yet, How about a installation demo at the WCR?
Marty
Mikey914
I got the prototypes cut. They we're a little more difficult to cut, but turned out nicely. I was playing around with the fit, but really need the clips to hold the in correctly.

Unfortunately my plastics guy got me the white plastic instead of black, but shouldn't matter as they will not be seen. Making up some clips and mounting tomorrow.

May bring a few pairs to WCR if all works out. Would like to see variations on flairs and how these can be modified to accomidate them.

-Mark
Socalandy
looks great popcorn[1].gif
StratPlayer
very cool smilie_pokal.gif
Mikey914
Spent the day fighting my car but did get the fronts test fit. I'm trying to to figure out the rears as they don't seel to fit quite right, but it's been a long day.
Here's a few pix
Mikey914
The only problem I can see is that these would not sit down low enough in the well to protect the fenders fot those that wanted them to protect fender flares.
Mikey914
Updated the original thread by mistake. The issue with the rears (from what I can see) is they appear to bee to short or not wide enough. I elected to look at widening them and mounted a test piece to check the fit. I figured out that I can put a slight concave to the part by offsetting the rivet about 1/4" and I really like the shape it made when it's installed. It picks up the edge of the trunk area and fits nicely against the fender. I just need to road test these, but I'm happy with the way it fits. Kind of funny, I would have just thought of making these flat and not trying to add a coutour here, but it's almost like I planned it.

I need to road test these and I'll release them for the GB. I have made up 15 sets, so I'm glad that the fix, is actually an improvement. It also means that for those with flairs I can ship extra material and you can install an extra lip to protect your flairs using the same technique.

Mikey914
Installed
TargaToy
I really like this idea.

Have you experimented with liners for the rear of the rear fenders--to protect the areas above the tail lights?

I recently had to graft in the rear section of the rear quarter and now the area inside the "point" of the rear fender is open...and downhill for stuff to collect in.
cary
I'm in for 2 sets.
Tedman5
In for one set.
jim_hoyland
I really like my wheel well liners. Installed them several months ago. The liners keep the road muck out of the turn signal bucket area and the cavity just aft of the doors. Installation was a snap and I modified my retaining brackets for quick removal.

Thanks for bringing this terrific product out... smile.gif
sixnotfour
How do we get em ?
Mikey914
I just need to make up the modifications to mount these I can do so this ween as I have a few of these that I can get out the door.
-Mark

I'll post more on this Wed.
Thx
jim_hoyland
Are the liners currently available ?
cary
As I'm working on my project upside down I was wondering if these ever came out of prototype yet?
Mikey914
WOW,
Your ears must be burning. We are actually working on getting the fit and mounting worked out now. I was hoping to have news to post on the weekend. Give me a few days and I'll have this worked out.
-Mark
jim_hoyland
We'll worth it My liners are holding up well and I'm no longer getting crud collecting by the doors or turnsignal buckets.
edrotol
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 18 2012, 09:58 AM) *

I've been working on these for a bit and looks like I got these figured out and will have a set installed Saturday when I have some time. I'll be cutting these Friday for the test fit.

Also looking at an option to allow for a rubberedge so there will be a better seal and reduce any vibration noise. Might add $3-4 per liner but I need to install to see how well it works.

Right now I'm looking at having production available after WCR may have a few sets before pending the test fit. Also will have additional material available to modify for the flared cars that will require the installer to cut the contour and glue to the stock.

if you are interested let me know here.

interested pending on how it it is installed.
StratPlayer
I've had fender well liners on my car for about 10 yrs. now, never had any problems with them. I didn't glue them at all, I installed them using the clips that came with them,,, I see mikey is putting clips on them. The install is easy using the clips.
Harpo
popcorn[1].gif
Mark Henry
Any Canadians interested?
Might be able to do a group shipping deal.
Mikey914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 30 2014, 11:30 AM) *

We'll worth it My liners are holding up well and I'm no longer getting crud collecting by the doors or turnsignal buckets.

Jim Has helped in the prototyping and played around with these to help me get these started.
I'm just needing to finalize the pattern by checking the fits myself to start the production and get the metal clips fitted properly.
eitnurg
Put me down for a flared set.
sgetsiv
I'll take a set as well when you're ready. No flares here.

Thank you,

Steve
Mikey914
Spent some time with Carry today working out the bugs on these. We are making some minor modifications and will be producing these this next week Pictures to follow tonight.

Thanks all for your patience, and Carry for providing a lift and nice space to work out the details today.

biggrin.gif
SirAndy
chowtime.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 14 2015, 07:05 PM) *

chowtime.gif

agree.gif
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Got the rears fitted today. We had some old patterns and the rear was pretty close. I like way it came together. The only issue That I can see is that rear fender well, in the front has the clip behind the liner making it harder to install. There is an opening to address the screw used to attach the end of the rocker panel. I plan to make the hardware available as an option, for those that want to replace while you are there

All in all a good fit. A lift made it easier. but can be done on the ground.
Mikey914
The fronts did fit, but we are making an adjustment to add a little more material as there was a section that could use a little extra material. I will be checking the fit on mine tomorrow. This is Cary's car, so I will be checking my fit to assure there is minimal variation on these.
Pics on the front tomorrow evening, and I'll open up the GB. The cost did go up about $6 on materials, but for those that have posted on this threads prior to this, I will honor the original GB price.
Mikey914
As promised,
We got the fronts fitted, and here it is.
Drivers front - front mount
Mikey914
Front fender aft
Mikey914
Top of wheel well
partsman
I'm in for a set...no flares

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.