Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HEY 19!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ezbngreen914
My Master Cylinder is toast. My car is stock (1.7) and will probably stay that way at least in the near term. I've read a couple of post on this site and come to the conclusion that with everything else the same, switching from the stock 17mm master cylinder to the 911 19mm master cylinder will more or less just mean that I push the brake harder but with less travel to get the same results at the rotors. It also seems like I will have 50 to 100 more dollars in my pocket going with the 19mm as well.

I'm I missing any negatives here as far as going with the 19mm MC other than its not the "correct" part and if I go into space for several months I may not be able to apply the pressure need to lock up the brakes?

beerchug.gif

99% sure I'm ordering the 19mm tomorrow but just wanted to give the "world" a chance to stop me if I'm making the wrong assumptions.

Thanks!
jmill
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Apr 19 2012, 06:46 PM) *

If I go into space for several months I may not be able to apply the pressure need to lock up the brakes?

lol-2.gif

Yeah that's about it, slightly more volume at a slightly lower pressure for the same pedal input.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.