Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body work questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
madd_dogg_914
So I keep hearing good things about these AA repro steel flares. I have always wanted a set of flares so I was wondering . . . Aproximately what would the going rate be to drop off my car with the flares and pick it up completed, with paint and everything. I know that location makes a big difference, so it would be in the Northern California, San Jose area.

Also, does anyone know any shops near here that have experience with putting flares on a 914.

And lastly, if I did this, would anyone want to trade a set of 16x6 polished Fuchs for a staggered set of bigger polished Fuchs?

(The last one was my attempt at humor HAHA)

Thanks for any input here.

-Chris
L8Apex
staggered set of bigger fuchs? I don't understand the question. I have a pair of 16x6 fuchs I would want to trade for some 16x7's.
Brad Roberts
Chris,

Yeaman autobody in Palo Alto does about 8-10 sets of 914 flares a year. The owner (my business partner) races 914's and has for 6-8 years.

Oh.. and email me would ya.. I need to chat with you.

Oh.. figure on 7-8K for flares and paint. If you paint is good.. they can install the flares and just match the paint for a lot less than 7-8k.

B
madd_dogg_914
Paint better be good, the whole thing got painted in January! I just wasn't sure how much labor there was to install. 7-8K is a good estimate, but I Think that an engine swap first THEN flares mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

Then I can really MDB2.gif it!

-Chris
elmonte
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 8 2003, 09:43 PM)
Chris,

Yeaman autobody in Palo Alto does about 8-10 sets of 914 flares a year. The owner (my business partner) races 914's and has for 6-8 years.

Oh.. and email me would ya.. I need to chat with you.

Oh.. figure on 7-8K for flares and paint. If you paint is good.. they can install the flares and just match the paint for a lot less than 7-8k.

B

brad
Iwas looking for a shop to match paint on some imperfections
0n my six
could you give me a contact number & address for Yeaman autobody
This would be greatly appreciated

THANKS MUCH!!!!

70 914/6 2.2
Brad Roberts
Yeaman Autobody
2025 East Bayshore
Palo Alto Ca. 94303 << I think that is the zip

650-364-6234

He has been there for 25+ years.

Ask for Scott (Yeaman) tell him Brad sent you.. and ask for the 914club discount.

B
elmonte
THANKS BRAD

IT is always nice to find people with pride in workmanship.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.