Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: ideas for a fun 4-person weekend/car show car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
siverson
Finally sold my bad 2002 purchase. Now I'll start looking for another fun family car again...

-Steve
Littlebritishcars
A 2002 purchase can only be bad if you go into the purchase uninformed or without doing the right amount of research PRIOR to the purchase.
Ferg
Onward and upward! Put it behind you and enjoy the next hunt. smile.gif
siverson
> A 2002 purchase can only be bad if you go into the purchase uninformed or without doing the right amount of research PRIOR to the purchase.

Somewhat true. I thought I had done enough "research", and if everything I was told was true, it would have been a good purchase and a fair price. But:

"no rust" != massive rust

"all original panels (except trunk floor)" != major front end collision repair (by the seller)

"needs nothing" != can not be registered, can not be driven with carpet installed, seats are broken and can not be sat in, etc

Did I verify that everything I was told was true? No. So my mistake was not verifying what I had been told was true. But I've bought 5 other cars on eBay with a similar amount of "research" and never had a problem because they were honest sellers and good buys for me.

But sellers can not fraudulently misrepresent a car. It's one thing to stay silent on an issue or say "I don't know", but you can't claim something (or many things) that you know are not true and then blame the buyer for not checking up on the seller to see if he was lying. That's illegal.

-Steve
siverson
> 1982 Mercedes-Benz 300TD Station Wagon - Chevrolet V8
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-Merced...=item19dbfb6625

That's pretty awesome! I love it, but my wife doesn't like those cars...

-Steve
JmuRiz
Bummer about the BMW.
I'd offer my Mercedes for sale, but it's sold off already...will be a while before it's taken from my house though.
Chris H.
Oh man I want that Merc with the 383...

How about a later M5? Saw a recent article about the '88's in R&T

M5 Link

All 1988 US imports were black/black. Nice classic shape.
siverson
> How about a later M5?

Very nice cars, but too new for me for a "fun" car.

-Steve
DBCooper
My dream do-everything family car is a 1956 or 7 Chevy wagon with early nineties Corvette drivetrain, meaning engine, front and rear suspension, brakes, and air conditioning. In saying that I have to observe that anyone's "dream car" has a lot to do with the cars that were just out of reach when they were in high school. Or thereabouts. And that being able to upgrade those old dreams with current technology REALLY makes those dreams fly. Not only fly, actually makes those old rides viable as dailies. I fucking LOVE fuel injection and big disc brakes.
Justinp71
I like my chevelle, with new eibach springs, bushings, swaybars and low profile tires it actually handles well. You can also get decent a/c, mine has some good torq and low gears so you can get up to speed with out winding out the engine and making it look like your drag racing... parts are also cheap and they're reliable cars.

Disclaimer, this one isn't mine (but I like it)-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.