Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coffee lovers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JB 914
me and my good buddy Dr. Gary are going to the grand opening of Peet's coffee in Costa Mesa/Newport beach on Saturday. They have really good coffee coffee.gif coffee.gif coffee.gif and will be having some lots of sampling for the coffee snobs like Gary and I.

Anyone want to meet? I'm shooting for 11-12 and will stop by Skline's to see the progress of his V-8.

I'm gonna be brave and take the V-8 car. I replaced tranny mounts with solid mounts and new hardware.

Rewired the spagetti wiring job that started a small BBQ for Joe Sharp, Skline and I coming home from the fun run a couple of weeks ago.

Replaced the battery and Alternator.

Ran it for about 1/2 hr and made sure the battery is charging up.

Anyone got any advice on getting the air out of the cooling system? I get a temp spike every once and a while up to about 225, but, then it jumps back down to 180. skline called Renagade and they said it was air in the system.

I'll check the board in the morning to see if anyone is planning on attending.
SirAndy
pardon my ignorance, i'm new to this country ... wink.gif

where exactly is "Costa Mesa/Newport"?
anything bigger with a more readily recognizable name close by?

biggrin.gif Andy
JB 914
Orange County, Southern California.

Costa Mesa is the home of SKLINE custom 914 builders.
SirAndy
QUOTE(joe buckle @ Oct 8 2004, 10:37 PM)
Orange County, Southern California.

aha, don't they have a airport there? i think i flew in there once and then spend a week at the beach somewhere.
memory is somewhat foggy about this, but it does sound familiar ...

i'm getting old,
biggrin.gif Andy
JB 914
Yep, John Wayne Airport.
McMark
A good rule of thumb is if it sounds spanish and you haven't heard of it, it's in LA. biggrin.gif
mikey
Glad to see that Southern California will now be able to get Peet's coffee like we in the Bay area have been doing for a long time. It's good.
By the way, Peet (or something close to it) means to drink in Russian. At least, that's how I always remembered it.
carreraguy
Yep - for you coffee bean aficianados, if you like stronger coffee than Starbucks, Peets is it!
skline
QUOTE(mikey @ Oct 9 2004, 02:08 AM)
Glad to see that Southern California will now be able to get Peet's coffee like we in the Bay area have been doing for a long time. It's good.
By the way, Peet (or something close to it) means to drink in Russian. At least, that's how I always remembered it.

How did you know that Peet is Russian for "to drink"? Are you Russian? Or did you just take Russian in school?
Toast
I do like coffee! But I like all that foo-foo flavoring in it.
Sorry, but dont think I will be drivng to the beach to have a cup with you guys. There is a Circle K, a Starbucks, and my work has a comercial coffee maker. So, im all set in the coffee department.

Sir Andy,
The Surf capital Huntington Beach is just north of Newport Beach about 6 miles.
JB 914
Well, I went today and they were giving away free coffee and 1/2 pound of beans with a coffee purchase. I'm going on Sunday too just to get another free 1/2 pound of beans.

If anyone wants a good cup of coffee and some free beans it's on 17th st in Costa Mesa between Irvine and Tustin. Go to www.peets.com for a map
neo914-6
I'm so spoiled. I live a block from a Peet's here in Willow Glen surrounded by Noah's bagel and Jamba juice. smilie_pokal.gif Last year I organized the first Bay Area Porsche V8 meet nearby.
Felix
mikey
How did you know that Peet is Russian for "to drink"? Are you Russian? Or did you just take Russian in school?

Russian on my mother's side. Didn't learn it at home however. Studied it at U.C.Berkeley.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.