Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - IBM ThinkPad Order
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DuckRyder
Can someone please explain to me how in the hell someone can order an “IN STOCK” ThinkPad on 10/06/04 and an estimated ship date of 10/20/04 is considered acceptable?

Put it in a flipin box and send it to me, take a couple of days max and that is pushing it. Could it be that "IN STOCK" is a LIE? idea.gif cool_shades.gif

Hell if id have know an "IN STOCK" one takes 2 weeks, I would have just ordered the one I really wanted that was "2-4 weeks".

I'm seriously considering canceling the order and buying another Sony, I'd expect this kind of shit from them. At least they will tell you when you call that they lied, don't have it in stock, they are waiting on Japan to ship it, and Japan in no particular hurry. IBM insists it is in stock and might ship sometime soon even though the website order status pushes the date back daily.

Aren't these the guys running all the commercials about the great things they can do for your business? headbang.gif
DuckRyder
HMM,

CDW calims to have the one I ordered as well as 2 models with a 64m video card ready to ship.

Looks Like I'll be canceling the Shop IBM order on Monday pending verification that CDW can in fact ship same day!
bob91403
As far as I know CDW dropships most if not all of their inventory. So "in stock" might mean their supplier has them. So, their "in stock" relys on how current their information is. I imagine it's difficult for them to keep up with inventory changes. Pretty common with distributors, no inventory, no old model that go obsolete when the new models come out.
campbellcj
FWIW I just had the same experience with Dell. Apparently their supply-chain systems are crap as they say everything is in stock...until they actually check, and it's not...

So first our order was going to ship 10/8, then 10/22, then 10/29, and then we got an email that some/all of it shipped on 10/8 after all. Only we don't know exactly what shipped, it could be a big box with a keyboard & mouse and nothing else.

Overall I have had great experiences with both IBM and Dell over the years, but sometimes these big companies just take a crap on order processing & customer service.
mercdev
Sager Notebooks

I *love* mine. It's lasted longer than ANY IBM, Dell, or Sony laptop I've ever owned (super sturdy too!)
DuckRyder
10/20/2004 mad.gif

I'm gonna be having a conversation on Monday Yack.gif chatsmiley.gif headbang.gif chair.gif

Clearly someone is full of crap (either the website order status or the guy on the phone/website stock status)

Best Buy has sonys............
DuckRyder
Shipped last night. idea.gif smilie_pokal.gif

I take back at least some of my rant, I think we can assume the order status needs significant work though.
campbellcj
Lo and friggen behold, coincidentally my Dell order showed up today too.

I think whatever systems these guys are running need to be rethought a bit. They are really pissing people off by alerting of delays that are not real. Well, of course maybe a lot of the delays ARE real and we just got "lucky"?!?!?!

Or it is a deliberate tactic to lower expectations on the premise of subsequently overdelivering on those reduced expectations? idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.