Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: matching numbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
cal914
how do you go about checking if your car is matching numbers confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
Socalandy
Here's the link but FYI, Some have had conflicting results

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...ofauthenticity/

Tom_T
You first need to get a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) from Porsche/PCNA & verify if the engine & transaxle case numbers match those on your COA (trans. is often not recorded BTW).

The COA is about $120 last time I looked, but they'll give you a $20 discount if you can send a copy of the original window sticker, &/or you get another $20 off as a PCA member - which is $46/yr. & also gets you 20% off at dealers + 2 free national & local monthly magazines, & events.

The Porsche website's Classics section has a link & 800 number for COAs, as does the PCA website.
sixerdon
You are in the U.K.? Do you have a Euro or U.S. model?
"Only vehicles produced for sale in the US or Canada are eligible for North American certification."

Don
Gustl
first of all I would check, if the numbers are all in a possible relation
if not, you could save the USD 120.-

tell us your VIN, engine number, tranny number and Karmann body number and we could tell you if they might match
if yes - then go and get the COA
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 18 2012, 09:07 AM) *

tell us your VIN, engine number, tranny number and Karmann body number and we could tell you if they might match

Agree! The COA was worth it when it was cheap, but now.......? Insignificant. Too much money for so little information.

Though I am confused as to why. If I had a 356B I could get everything I needed.

davewadd
...hey gang...newbie here... can anyone tell me if this vin, and engine number, are possible matches?:

vin: 4722919815
engine: 049736

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 18 2012, 05:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Gustl @ May 18 2012, 09:07 AM) *

Agree! The COA was worth it when it was cheap, but now.......? Insignificant. Too much money for so little information.

Though I am confused as to why. If I had a 356B I could get everything I needed.

Gustl
please add your karmann body number and the tranny number as well

oh ... and of course the engine code (letter in front of the engine number)

Pat Garvey
Since our VIN's are so close, let's compare....

My '72:

VIN 4722918725
Eng # EA048898
Trans 914/11HA0048848
Karmann 2347554 (stamped on the rear trunk floor, in front of LR signal assy.)

Sounds possible that you have the right combination, but the Karmann # is important.
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.