Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: East Coast Cookout (ECC) October 20, 2012 Charles City VA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
scotty b
2 weeks. The hot rod contingent is claiming to be strong this year. As is the long hood crowd. Try and show them up poke.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 9 2012, 10:32 PM) *

2 weeks. The hot rod contingent is claiming to be strong this year. As is the long hood crowd. Try and show them up poke.gif

I could drive a really nice 914 but then I couldn't haul Zach's motor for him. But then again, it is looking like I may not be able to make it anyway in which case I will be shipping the motor.
scotty b
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 10 2012, 04:33 AM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 9 2012, 10:32 PM) *

I could drive a really nice 914 but then I couldn't haul Zach's motor for him. But then again, it is looking like I may not be able to make it anyway in which case I will be shipping the motor.

You're also supposed to be bringing me a set of wheels poke.gif and taking back a set of wheels poke.gif Looks like you're driving the truck either way slap.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 9 2012, 11:32 PM) *

Which car should I bring, then? Do the long hood guys want to buy another long hood?
scotty b
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Oct 10 2012, 05:47 AM) *

Which car should I bring, then? Do the long hood guys want to buy another long hood?

Bring the 911. smile.gif

is Caroline coming ? She could drive babydoll down too driving-girl.gif
JmuRiz
Bring the long-hood...only if you can somehow convince my wife to buy it (good luck with that).

I may not be able to bring the 356, depends on weather and if we stop by Ikea on the way down (not room for much in the backseat of a 356) and stay overnight in Richmond to visit Amy's friend.
okieflyr
I'll be bringing the 914 driving.gif Gotta balance out the streetrods...
zymurgist
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 10 2012, 09:58 AM) *

QUOTE(zymurgist @ Oct 10 2012, 05:47 AM) *

Bring the 911. smile.gif

is Caroline coming ? She could drive babydoll down too driving-girl.gif

That could only happen if Caroline came to my house first. Babydoll is in my driveway under a cover.
VaccaRabite
Shirts FINALLY got to my door today from the embroiderer.

They are now at the printer. They will likely be done on Wednesday! All-right!

Zach
VaccaRabite
1 week away!
okieflyr
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 13 2012, 07:03 PM) *

1 week away!

beerchug.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Oct 13 2012, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 13 2012, 07:03 PM) *

1 week away!

beerchug.gif

blink.gif unsure.gif
VaccaRabite
Why Scott. Are you implying that your shop may not be up for company yet?
scotty b
mellow.gif
JmuRiz
As long as there is parking and coverage for shade/rain depending on the weather.
I don't think we're expecting an F1 style workshop smile.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 13 2012, 04:08 PM) *

As long as there is parking and coverage for shade/rain depending on the weather.
I don't think we're expecting an F1 style workshop smile.gif

hide.gif
MDG
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 13 2012, 08:08 PM) *

Shelter?!! huh.gif

No.

But if it starts to rain the guy who lives outside Scotty's shop will toss one of his dogs on your car. thumb3d.gif

Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(MDG @ Oct 13 2012, 07:52 PM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 13 2012, 08:08 PM) *

Shelter?!! huh.gif

No.

But if it starts to rain the guy who lives outside Scotty's shop will toss one of his dogs on your car. thumb3d.gif

Click to view attachment

No no. That was his old shop.

Zach
MDG
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 13 2012, 08:56 PM) *

No no. That was his old shop.

Zach

So Pocko and the dogs are gone?
Dr Evil
That totally looks like the old shop! av-943.gif
scotty b
in my country you don't fix shop...shop fixes you beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
Iz fool who make shop comfortable.
Live Event Uploader
icon_bump.gif
SUNAB914
hey, What is the plan saturday? Do we need to bring food, or just money and beer/sodas?
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Oct 15 2012, 01:28 PM) *

hey, What is the plan saturday? Do we need to bring food, or just money and beer/sodas?

No.

It is, however, strongly recommended that you bring an EpiPen, Glowsticks and Skeleton gloves, an entire 10lb Cheese Wheel(I understand that Scott enjoys Gouda), a deck of cards, 1-2qts of Pepto Bismol, Mead, a Taser and a Smile.

Odd things happen after hours out there in the swamp where Scott's shop is located. I can't explain them, I just report them. confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Guess it's a good thing me and the wife will be there around lunch-time...

I guess we'll bring a cooler and some foldie chairs in case we need em.
VaccaRabite
Just got a call. Shirts are DONE. I'll pick them up tomorrow after work.
Met up with Matt today for lunch and gave him my universal tow bar for his 911 for fitment trials. Goal is to have both his 911 and his 914 at the party.

You are outed Matt. No excuses now!

Zach
tdgray
Love Matts 914....super sweet wub.gif

Have fun boneheads

scotty b
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Oct 15 2012, 09:28 AM) *

Food is provided. BYOB. And I never refuse money for nothing, nor chicks for free:) The hotrod guys are promising to show better this year. Lots of NOVA guys say they will be down. The 930 that I had just finished painting last year will be back completed, as he let his 356 leak fuel all over the whale tail so I need to fix that dry.gif

Word has it there may be an actual Canadian sighting. I'll keep my phaser set on stun so all can observe but no-one will be harmed by them

Todduh....you suck donkee arse dry.gif
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(tdgray @ Oct 15 2012, 06:27 PM) *

Love Matts 914....super sweet wub.gif

Have fun boneheads

Back off Toddler, I've got dibs on Matty's 914. dry.gif

And I'm right behind Evil in line for it. dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif

More importantly, throw on a sweatshirt and windbreaker, a seat on the frame of that Brit-wagen of yours, and drive your borderline Canuckistani arse south. poke.gif

I already told David that we're not over-nighting BBQ north for those who choose not to partake, by personal, or spousal choice. biggrin.gif

....... bye1.gif flag.gif
Dr Evil
C'mon, you guys have met Toduh. No real loss if he doesn't come. Hell, we got cooler the minute he announced he was not coming. happy11.gif
MDG
Why do you guys always pick on Todd like that?

mellow.gif
plas76targa
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 15 2012, 02:42 PM) *

Met up with Matt today for lunch and gave him my universal tow bar for his 911 for fitment trials. Goal is to have both his 911 and his 914 at the party.

Zach

whoa shat, the pressure's on! I have a list of to-do things, just remembered the 911 needs it's plates on it. dry.gif i think i know where they are in the garage. Zach, yer towing the 911, can't get the wiring done on the Enclave until next week.
Scotty - answer my PM
tdgray
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 16 2012, 08:42 AM) *

C'mon, you guys have met Toduh. No real loss if he doesn't come. Hell, we got cooler the minute he announced he was not coming. happy11.gif

I never announced I wan't comming Dr Douchebag dry.gif

Whatever.... rolleyes.gif
MDG
QUOTE(tdgray @ Oct 16 2012, 12:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 16 2012, 08:42 AM) *

I never announced I wan't comming Dr Douchebag dry.gif

Whatever.... rolleyes.gif

You tell him, Todd. mad.gif I wish they wouldn't tease you like this. They should treat you with more respect. Like me and Dave.

mellow.gif

But mostly me. rolleyes.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Oct 16 2012, 06:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 15 2012, 02:42 PM) *

Zach

whoa shat, the pressure's on! I have a list of to-do things, just remembered the 911 needs it's plates on it. dry.gif i think i know where they are in the garage. Zach, yer towing the 911, can't get the wiring done on the Enclave until next week.
Scotty - answer my PM

Sorry on it now.

Mike, Dave, Todduh. I have too much going on so I'll have a car waiting for you. It will be a white Dodge Charger, just outside the terminal, with blue lights on top. Just tell the guy waiting in it he's a DCMF'er. He'll know who you are. It's like that secret agent code beerchug.gif

MDG
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 16 2012, 10:18 PM) *

Sorry on it now.

Mike, Dave, Todduh. I have too much going on so I'll have a car waiting for you. It will be a white Dodge Charger, just outside the terminal, with blue lights on top. Just tell the guy waiting in it he's a DCMF'er. He'll know who you are. It's like that secret agent code beerchug.gif

OCMF'er??

mellow.gif

confused24.gif

Okay.
scotty b
QUOTE(MDG @ Oct 16 2012, 07:04 PM) *

Sorry on it now.

OCMF'er??

mellow.gif

confused24.gif

Okay.

Sober up and read again. It's a D you D-bag dry.gif slap.gif dry.gif Damn I miss Dave...and Erc....and Tom............
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 16 2012, 11:30 PM) *

Sorry on it now.

OCMF'er??

mellow.gif

confused24.gif

Okay.

Sober up and read again. It's a D you D-bag dry.gif slap.gif dry.gif Damn I miss Dave...and Erc....and Tom............

What did Michael do to Dave....and Erc....and.....um....yah them? huh.gif unsure.gif
MDG
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 16 2012, 11:30 PM) *

OCMF'er??

mellow.gif

confused24.gif

Okay.

ODMF'er.

Got it! thumb3d.gif
MDG
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Oct 17 2012, 12:10 AM) *

What did Michael do to Dave....and Erc....and.....um....yah them? huh.gif unsure.gif

Erc flew out on a mission last night. Dave's in-country culling the moose herd.
dakotaewing
Zach -
Do you have some spare shirts for sale???
poke.gif

If not, change the title please, cause I want a shirt!

Thom
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Oct 17 2012, 09:42 AM) *

Zach -
Do you have some spare shirts for sale???
poke.gif

If not, change the title please, cause I want a shirt!

Thom

Sorry. I only made them to order.
All that I made are spoken for.
VaccaRabite
2 days!!!

GET EXCITED!

Zach
VaccaRabite
Address and other particulars on the first post of this thread.

Weather.com predicts 0% chance of rain Saturday and Sunday, with temps in the 70s.

You could not ask for a better forcast folks. I am looking forward to seeing everyone!
VaccaRabite
Does anyone who is coming this weekend have a weld - in 02 sensor bung that they could sell me this weekend?
nickp997
Hey gang..I've been traveling all year and have not visited the site. If I get a car running, is it too late to attend? I'd like to meet everyone

Let me know. I'm beating feet home tomorrow and should be able to get something running..nick.

QUOTE(scotty b @ May 20 2012, 03:18 PM) *

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife and hide yo husbands cause it's time again

October 20-21

Party will be on the 20 starting anytime after 10:00 a.m. and going on until the last person passes out. drunk.gif Given past events, this most likely will be Hot Shoe or I beerchug.gif I will provide food and sodas / water. There should be a much better mix of cars this year. 914's 911's Am. rods and restos.

The event will be held at:
106 Roxbury Industrial Park
Charles City Va 23120

Shirt Information!
Shirts are on sale from NOW until Friday, Sept 22.

Cost of a t-shirt will be $15.
Cost of a work shirt will be $30. At the request of our host, work shirts will be a sand / khaki color.

Work shirts INCLUDE the cost of 1 line of embroidery. IE - Your name. Longer messages will cost more.
All shirts will be delivered at the event.
If you need your shirt shipped, that will be an extra fee of $6

Please PM vacca rabite with your order. I will add your name to a list on the first post of this thread.
IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR NAME, I DON'T KNOW TO ORDER FOR YOU.
You need to tell me if you want a Tee or Work Shirt, Size, and what to have embroidered on the work shirt (IE - your name)

Again, ordering will close on FRIDAY, Sept 22.

Shirt Sales:
  • billh1963 TS XXL PAID!
  • type47 WS L PAID
  • zymurgist WS XXL PAID
  • balljoint WS L PAID
  • BajaXJ92 WS M PAID
  • okieflyr WS M PAID
  • okieflyr TS XL PAID
  • bozo914 WS 2XL PAID
  • Scotty b WS(x2) L
  • 7275914911 WS L PAID
  • Trippin WS XL PAID
  • plas76targa WS L PAID
  • Hot Shoe914 WS XXXL
  • SUNAB914 TS PAID

wndsrfr
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 18 2012, 04:07 AM) *

Does anyone who is coming this weekend have a weld - in 02 sensor bung that they could sell me this weekend?

Pretty sure I've got one I can cut out of a scrap exhaust if that'll suit you....
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Oct 18 2012, 08:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 18 2012, 04:07 AM) *

Pretty sure I've got one I can cut out of a scrap exhaust if that'll suit you....

That should work. Thank you!

Zach
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(nickp997 @ Oct 18 2012, 08:08 AM) *

Hey gang..I've been traveling all year and have not visited the site. If I get a car running, is it too late to attend? I'd like to meet everyone

Let me know. I'm beating feet home tomorrow and should be able to get something running..nick.

Show up even if you can't get something running.

Its about the people as much as it is about the cars.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.