Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear caliper retaining spring clips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
Checking my rear calipers I noticed the retaining pin spring clips (those little wires that hold the pins in) are missing. Dis a search and can't find any. Antone know if were I could purchase them.
seanery
I saw them in a catalog lately.

Check:
Tweeks
Pelican
and Performance

it had to be one of those 3.
skline
When you do find them, post it here so I know where to get them too. I also need the brake hardware that goes on top of the pads, its like a flat spring clip that keeps tension on the 2 retaining pins.
seanery
Scott,
good luck finding that new. I thought I had it licked, but was sent the wrong stuff. headbang.gif
I cleaned up the old best I could and stuck 'em back in.
Part Pricer
Stoddard's has the retaining pin spring clips in stock.

Go here and do a search on part number 90135195510. They are $1.34 each.

Now, the actual spreader springs are a different story. The part number is 311615269. Most places don't have them, but Pelican lists an aftermarket replacement for $5.50.

Stoddard's does list the retaining pins as being in stock. They are expensive though.
91435292500 = $16.12 each
90135191314 = $8.96 each
dralf
cool.gif I made a set of clips to keep the pins in by using some thin stainless steel welding rod. I bent it in the shape of a U with one end long the other short and then holding onto the long end threaded the short end into and through the hole. I then used neadle nose pliers and clipped and bent the ends down against the pin and I know that pin will never move. As to when I need to replace those rear pads ( I should be about 85 years old then ) I will just clip the welding rod material, pull it out and repeat.
jim912928
The little "clip/pin" that goes through the little hole on the pin is also used on early 70's 911 brakes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.