Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 944 CVs questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I've been researching, and I see a few different routes to use them. I think I like the 944 axle method, but I'm open.

Those of you who have it, can tell what exactly you did and what parts you used, etc...and any pitfalls you've come across since you've done the conversion?

Thanks!
McMark
Did you see SirAndy's thread?
seanery
Thanks mark, I'd read a few others pertaining to it, but Andys was the one that had the most complete info, thanks for the link!

It seems I've missed so much!! Being away for so long and I'm lost now!
IanJ
There was another thread somehwere but I can't find it. Someone had made spacers to enable the use of 944 drive shafts without machining.

This is something I am very interested in for my car. So it would be good to have all the info in one place.
IanJ
QUOTE(IanJ @ Jun 1 2012, 02:39 PM) *

There was another thread somehwere but I can't find it. Someone had made spacers to enable the use of 944 drive shafts without machining.

This is something I am very interested in for my car. So it would be good to have all the info in one place.

One thread but not the one i was thinking of...seems to have finished unanswered...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;#entry876045
jaxdream
agree.gif

That seems to be the big question , which ( Part Number ) 944 axle can be used with the 944 cv's and would be the correct length ?? 914 axles are 20 1/4 " long and that is the axle length needed to work with the trans flanges and the wheel stub flanges . The 911 wheel hub and stub ( 69-73 ) that uses the same bearing as the 914 when bolted together has the same amount of distance out of the trailing arm as the 914 wheel hub / stub setup . The course spline 915 100mm trans stubs don't protrude / stick out of the transmission no more that the 914 trans stubs. 20 1/4" axles is what is needed. Anybody have / want to share the 944 axle length info ???

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.