Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts Heaven swap meet this weekend 6-3-12
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
I'm going! biggrin.gif

Al asked me to bring the rotary and show it off. Little does he know I \';m pulling the motor soon.

http://www.partsheaven.com/Articles.asp?ID=249
Lennies914
I'm going. I need to show Al the car I bought from him. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
I'll see you there. I'll be bringing this one with a big FOR SALE sign on it.
JStroud
I'll be there with the 74, so far still running driving.gif

Jeff
kkid
I'm going, too!
shoguneagle
One of the great events I miss since moving from California is this car show and parts swap. I always see friends that that have not seen for long periods of time. I have been and sold three times since moving to Arizona. Really miss seeing what parts are available.

Attend if you can; great friends and parts!!!

Steve
smj
Not sure if I'll risk driving the -6 down given the recent half shaft excitement, but I do plan on heading down there one way or another. Only six or seven years late for my first time... dry.gif
Cairo94507
I will be there probably around 11:00.....hopefully.
Michael N
I will be there. biggrin.gif
JimN73
I'll be there with a short shopping list:

Nice drivers side rocker panel
"pins" for lower rear shock mount without swaybar knobs
threaded collars for yellow konis
4 dogbones

See you Sunday
Randal
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Jun 1 2012, 12:54 PM) *

4 dogbones

See you Sunday

I'll have a couple of the gold threaded adjusters there if that helps. Also have a few helper springs.

MartyYeoman
I'm in.
JimN73
QUOTE(Randal @ Jun 1 2012, 01:07 PM) *

4 dogbones

See you Sunday

I'll have a couple of the gold threaded adjusters there if that helps. Also have a few helper springs.

Maybe, Randal. I was looking at the Tarrett Racing 'coil over conversion kit' which includes the threaded collars and upper spacers. I'm using 140 pound springs and the site says that I don't need helpers til I get to 150. Don't know if I need the upper spacers as it probably depends on how long the springs are.

I'll jack the car up and measure and add a bit in case they're still compressed.

Do you have any insights?

Thanks,

Jim
JStroud
I'm still planning on going, but it looks like I'll be driving the Boxster. Took the 914 to Roseville today to mow my daughters lawn, was running hot all the way home. The hotter the weather gets the hotter it's been running. Time to pull the motor and put in the new one.

Jeff
Randal
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Jun 1 2012, 01:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Jun 1 2012, 01:07 PM) *

4 dogbones

See you Sunday

Maybe, Randal. I was looking at the Tarrett Racing 'coil over conversion kit' which includes the threaded collars and upper spacers. I'm using 140 pound springs and the site says that I don't need helpers til I get to 150. Don't know if I need the upper spacers as it probably depends on how long the springs are.

I'll jack the car up and measure and add a bit in case they're still compressed.

Do you have any insights?

Thanks,

Jim

If you can find the threaded tube and the tops somewhere, at the event, I think I have the other bits. Much more cost effective than buying new stuff as it's expensive. As to helper springs I've always run heaver stuff, so always used them. dry.gif

By the way I might bring a bunch of 8" and 10" springs if that helps.
JimN73
Randal, I did some measuring and found that the outside diameter of the sprint is 4 1/4 inches so the perch has to be able to handle that. The springs are at least 12 inches long - probably closer to 14 when not loaded. Also, the shock is only 2 inches in diameter.

I'll be there about 8 on Sunday and will park in the designated area and will look for you. Look for my Yellow is Fastest tshirt

Jim
Krieger
I'm going. I'll be passing out flyers for The Petaluma Swap Meet I'm promoting!
Michael N
Reminder bump.....
smj
Missed it - looking forward to hearing about some great finds/bargains.
Cairo94507
Wow, lots of nice cars and tons of parts. I was just eye-balling everything since I have a child in VA getting some work done.... biggrin.gif
dlkawashima
Here are most of the teeners that were at the event. I missed a couple of them ... Matt, and the Zambezi green car that was for sale, probably a few others.

Steve's Bumblebee won for best unrestored in its category and John's yellow 2.0 (2nd picture from the bottom) won for Wash 'n Shine. As you can see below, there were six yellow teeners that showed up.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
1973-914-2L
really good turn out .. great to see some of you and some of you again...

Click to view attachment

I have more that I put on my google page .. I have to small a limits to place them here so here is the link

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/10387730...971014504139265

Steve ...
1973-914-2L
saw this one show up before I left ...

Click to view attachment
Krieger
There were a lot of really nice cars there today. Thanks for getting a photo of mine. Good seeing some of the guys and meeting some new ones. I was busy promoting my swap meet in Petaluma. I got a great response from people. I anticipate a very good turn out!
1973-914-2L
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jun 3 2012, 07:53 PM) *

There were a lot of really nice cars there today. Thanks for getting a photo of mine. Good seeing some of the guys and meeting some new ones. I was busy promoting my swap meet in Petaluma. I got a great response from people. I anticipate a very good turn out!

I say a flyer on that one I think .... if the info is public is it posted here or can you PM me on it ... My buddy Kurt Jerner with the Lime Green slant 911 and the exhausts was talking about another upcoming event ....
Krieger
Here is the link Petaluma Swap Hope to see you there!
dlkawashima
Help please. Does anybody know the owner of this "booth"?
I completely missed this. Does this person recover these seats?
Seems so. Anyway, I'd like to contact this person to see what he
could do about repairing my driver's seat. BTW, really like the look
of the plaid seat. Would look very cool in my signal orange teener.

IPB Image
dangrouche
ww.topsandinteriorsforporsches.com 1236 B Simpson Way Escondido 92029 760.737.3565 (vs. Worldupholstery kit is $355- nongerman fabric)

I priced a set of seat covers for a teener; $440 per pair german fabric. the guy in the glasses is the owner and says to mention the fact you saw him at the swapmeet and he gives you a 10% discount. shipping for the kit of fabric from San Diego to SF is about $30 UPS.
SLITS
Autos International, Inc.

same address, etc

info@autosintl.net

www.autosintl.net
dlkawashima
Great guys, thanks a bunch. I have a call into them now ....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.