Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V8 guys, Small problem, I think
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
skline
Ok, I know where you are talking about now, there are no washers underneath there. I had that apart and remember. So you are saying I need to add washers under it??
John2kx
Adding washers will push clutch fork toward pressure plate. Since your already making contact between these parts, adding washers is not what you need to do.

Talking to Scott at RH when building my car, we discussed this part of assembly while I was in Vegas. He cautioned that there are other Porsche clutch forks that "could" be installed in my 901 due to some PO or shop work performed in the past. He also mentioned that some folks have removed material on the clutch fork to prevent making contact with pressure plate. He also warned to make sure plastic cup to "ball" fit was tight and that a sloppy fit here can cause problems.

John
skline
Ok, I will check that when I pull it out this weekend. Hopefully I can resolve this issue without too much difficulty. Thanks John.
John2kx
Scott,

Have you considered just tightening up your clutch cable a bit to see if this stops the contact issue between pressure plate and clutch fork? It would be easy to test compared to what your about to do. If this works, the other test would be to ensure clutch is not slipping when power is applied.

It's a fine line between getting clutch adjusted where there is no slippage and also to get enough throw to change gears without grinding. You'll be surprised at how much difference a half or full turn will make at clutch cable.

Another note: It is normal for the T/O bearing to make contact with pressure plate fingers with clutch disengaged. Not what I expected initially but according to RH, this is the norm when mating all these parts up to a 901.

John
skline
Thanks again John, I will try that first as it is a lot easier to do than pulling the transmission out again. I will try that later today and see what happens
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.