Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet Trouble Shooting - Rich Condition - Bad Injector?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dustin
Not too long ago I rebuilt my engine. It's a 2.0. D-Jet. I ran it a little bit. It was running rich. I took the engine out to re-torque my heads. When I pulled the engine and stripped the tin I noticed it looked like fuel was bleeding through the gasket between the head and intake runner on the #1 #2 side, so I wanted to check my injectors...

I totally disconnected my distributor so no signal should be telling the injectors to fire, right? I pulled the injectors from #1 and #2 out of the intake. When I turn the key to on without cranking, the pump runs then turns off, #1 squirts but #2 doesn't. I assume #1 shouldn't squirt? Injector stuck open?

I ordered an in line fuel pressure gauge but I wont have it in hand till approx Monday. I'm betting that the pressure is right. because it was checked by a shop not too long ago and I haven't changed anything there.
TravisNeff
Correct, if you disconnect the trigger points there is nothing to tell the injectors to stay open - they are closed by default (for obvious reasons lol)
blitZ
You might consider having your injectors reconditioned. I used these guys, but there are others.

Cruzin Performance
speed metal army
Injector seals?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.