Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - 1993 RS America
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
My outer air filter cover has been drilled/opened up for better engine breathing. I need a used outer air filter cover to pass smog here in lovely Calif.

I've tried all the yards in Panorama, etc. Haven't been able to find one.

So, thought I'd try here. Anyone got one I can buy from them?

Thanks, Don
dgw
Oh.................
No help, but its a great car, had mine for 10 years. (in CA, but haven't screwed with it)
IronHillRestorations
I think I may have one. What year? You wouldn't have a part number would you??
DonTraver
The part number is 964-110-030-05. It's for the complete air filter housing. I just need the outer cover with the snorkle. Think it's the same at a stock C2 or C4 with the 3.6 liter engine.

Here's a pic of the RSA. driving.gif

Thanks for the help. Don
dgw
White is a good color. Mine has white wheels though.

See the "What do you drive to work" thread, page 4.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...60&#entry240304

Whats the advantage of doing this --> "drilled/opened up for better engine breathing"

Is this because you track the car?
Mueller
so did you find any at the wrecking yards pre-drilled?

I've thought about doing this mod to mine, but didn't want to mess up the stock air box.

you might be better off finding one to borrow for now...

Dennis,

it "supposed" to help the motor breath a little bit better, the air filter gets more air instead of it flowing the little opening for the stock filter....I've never seen any numbers to verify whether it works or not....you "hear" the difference from what I understand smile.gif
DonTraver
Found one pre-drilled at Parts Heaven. Not really sure if you get any more power out of it, but it sure sounds nice. Also dropped the secondary muffler, nice throaty sound now.
dgw
Is it the visual part of the smog check you expect to fail, or does more air cause other issues.

I'll have to try this some time, I've never had a problem with a little more engine noise, Porsche engines sound great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.