Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs 2.0L Alloys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Java2570
I just purchased a set of Fuchs 2.0L alloys to put on my 74 2.0L 914. I currently have the "Dan Gurney"
copy wheels on the car. Upon investigating, the wheels are held on by nuts instead of the long lug bolts
I've seen most cars use. Question: were the lug bolts stock with the 2.0L Fuchs alloys or did Porsche
use lug nuts and studs on some of these cars? I'm just a bit confused of which is proper and if it matters.
I haven't looked to see if I can possibly reuse the studs I have on the wheels now or not. I do know if I do that I'll need to get different lug nuts due to the ball end shape on the Fuchs. Thoughts??
billh1963
QUOTE(Java2570 @ Jun 4 2012, 08:17 AM) *

I just purchased a set of Fuchs 2.0L alloys to put on my 74 2.0L 914. I currently have the "Dan Gurney"
copy wheels on the car. Upon investigating, the wheels are held on by nuts instead of the long lug bolts
I've seen most cars use. Question: were the lug bolts stock with the 2.0L Fuchs alloys or did Porsche
use lug nuts and studs on some of these cars? I'm just a bit confused of which is proper and if it matters.
I haven't looked to see if I can possibly reuse the studs I have on the wheels now or not. I do know if I do that I'll need to get different lug nuts due to the ball end shape on the Fuchs. Thoughts??

Sounds like you have a modification. Every car I have seen uses bolts.

I would pull the studs and use the bolts.
76-914
popcorn[1].gif I'll be doing this in just a few weeks, also. I have 2 cars w/ the Dan G's. One has the original lug bolts while the other has the A/M studs 'n caps. I alos have the original Fuch's lug bolts so I'll check the fit once I get my rims back from the polisher.
jimkelly
the longer one is for fuchs and the shorter one is for steel wheels.

these are ball type - not cone type.
dangrouche
Click to view attachmentI have Fuchs as well and my car was set up for autoX, this ia a great and costly modification (cuz the studs can cost $5 or $7 each); you now have studs like conventional cars; all you need now are regular steel lug nuts that are not closed on the end. if you don't want this set up, you could probably sell them to another member. just be careful and don't mess up the threads when you hammer the stud out. use a sacrificial lug nut and/or an impact hammer
Java2570
The studs on the car now are the screw in type with the hex end not the press in studs. I'll have to see
if I can remove them. I only have 3 original lug bolts that came with the Fuchs I bought. I'll have to
get a set of lug bolts.....
I guess I have my work cut out for me. Thanks!
jimkelly
if your studs are in nice and solid - just get the right ball type nuts.

http://www.pmbperformance.com/page/page/1925563.htm

jim
Java2570
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jun 4 2012, 11:22 AM) *

if your studs are in nice and solid - just get the right ball type nuts.

http://www.pmbperformance.com/page/page/1925563.htm

jim

Yep, studs are solid but are too darn short to use with the Fuchs wheels. I will have to remove them at any rate. It looks like my brakes are ready to be redone anyway
so I may as well do them at the same time....first time doing that so it's time to start reading!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.