Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Since the fuel pump took a dump in the Subie conversion, it sticks in my mind that it was one for a 928 that was high pressure and resides in the tank. I would imagine any high pressure would work or no? Could it be a fuel pump that goes on the outside of the tank or is it in there for a reason?
3d914
Not sure if the stock 928 FP resides in the tank or not. I recall considering this 928 FP for my 914-V6 project. Perhaps it can be an option for you. Hope you get it worked out.
flash914
The pump is in the tank to keep it cool. running a tank low on fuel can overheat one and kill it. Gordon
partwerks
Hopefully that wasn't the case, but always left about 3 to 4 gallons in the tank, according to the gallons that topped it off.

I hope he can just get another pump down at the local NAPA store to replace it with?

After this problem gets fixed, the next thing on the list is that we are going to install the Engman long kit and maybe the kit that goes in around the swing arms if we don't run out of time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.