Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ARP through bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
In preperation for the ARP through bolts what is the new hole size suposed to be? I believe that they are 1/2 bolts so I could simply drill out to 1/2 and rechamphur the holes but I just wanted to check to see what other had done.

Thanks

David
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Harpo @ Jun 10 2012, 09:22 AM) *

In preperation for the ARP through bolts what is the new hole size suposed to be? I believe that they are 1/2 bolts so I could simply drill out to 1/2 and rechamphur the holes but I just wanted to check to see what other had done.

Thanks

David

They should just slip in, no drilling required, at least the ones I got from LN didn't need to be drilled. You won't be able to use the vibration do-dads that go between the case halves.

Is this a performance engine? They are not really required on anything but track or big Nickies engines.
wingnut86
David,

I sold Hencar in Arkansas my old Hoffman Machine 2.0 that was race ready. It is setup with the oversized throughbolts, can't remember if I shipped ARP or Racewear with it. If he hasn't built his fire-breathing Dino burner yet, he can measure and take pictures.

Henry is here as well as TheSamba.

Good luck,

Dave B.

Jake Raby
ARP are 3/8" and drop right in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.