Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mega squirt Fuel Injection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drgchapman
Any input as to how this works with a stock 2.0? Where do I find a vendor? How much better is it? Looking for more power, trying to stay in C street prepared class. Thanks guys, Gary
DNHunt
Megasquirt is do it yourself, meaning you buy a board and components, solder it, program it and tune it. If you like DIY and want to put in the time to learn everything it's great. Otherwise wait just a little while longer and get Kit Carlson's new system. It sounds pretty darn easy and should do a great job with FI and ignition.

I've run Megasquirt for 18 months and it's been great for me. It's performed great and hasn't missed a beat, including several AX's, city and highway driving and a roundtrip to Frisco for WCC 2004. My new engine will get and upgraded version with ignition control and closed loop injection.

We really didn't find a lot of extra ponies as I had 80.5 hp at the rear wheels on a 2056 with stock cam. We decided that there wasn't a lot left on the table with the d-jet without changing internals, (cam in particular). We were able to clean up the AFR at less than WOT so I think it drives better but that's pretty subjective.

Dave
fiid
What Dave Said. agree.gif
drgchapman
Pretty cool. Must be smart or something. Way beyond my talent and time. I'll lay for the Kit Carlson version. It'll bolt right up, right?
Thanks alot for the info.
Gary
crash914
It works well, except when you do something stupid......I just fried my relay board cause I thought a bigger fuse would help..... laugh.gif

The web page is

http://www.msefi.com

It is a good read even if you use the Kit set up....
good luck.herb
Mark Henry
I have the SDS system, works real good. The big downside is mounting the crank trigger (option) is a PITA

Kit's system will have the advantage of the drop in dizzy.

SDS has a great site for info; http://www.sdsefi.com/
Mueller
you can purchase pre-built and tested Megasquirt boxes, but then you still need to fabricate your own wiring harness, not too bad, just takes good planning

i ran the 1st version MS on my stock 2.0 a few years ago and it ran great....my newest motor and megasquirt are giving me fits, but I believe it is ignition related which i hope will be rectified when I switch it over to crankfire ignition this week (waiting for some connectors right now)

the K/C FI is supposed to be more plug-n-play and would be the way to go....however, one should still learn the hows and whys of how the FI works in order to trouble shoot and tune the motor later on down the road.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.