Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to drop your engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
Everything you always wanted to know, but were afraid to ask biggrin.gif

In the "914 info / tech articles" section of the site you'll find an excellent write up on how to drop your fourbanger with comprehensive pics
Written by Mark D

Go check it out!

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Here's a direct link:

How to drop your 4 cilinder engine...
Aaron Cox
trekkors car?
good article btw
Bruce Allert
Wow!

Great Job Mark smilie_pokal.gif
Nice how to & pics too!!!

.....b
ThinAir
Thanks Mark! This is a truly wonderful addition to the 914 library. pray.gif pray.gif
Type 4
Just a quick hint on the Gearbox mounts I remove the 13mmSW fasteners(2 per mount).That way the angle of the 17mm sw bolts wont hang up the gearbox as you lower it.
nebreitling
awesome article, mark! thanks!
McMark
Thanks everybody. Yes, it's trekkor's car. Type4, the second to last picture is supposed to show that. Should have put arrows on the picture.
Trekkor
Good photo documentary, Mark.

You can even see my hands and half my face. I'm famous. mueba.gif

KT
swood
How about a follow up for putting it back in?? biggrin.gif
McMark
Maybe an addendum. A whole tech article would be very redundant. If you want one read the engine drop article backwards. laugh.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Great article and pics. I would like to see more pics and more arrows pointing to the objects you are talking about. How about a few pics showing the engine being pulled out from under the car. I hope you don't mind the criticism. That's the only improvement I would suggest for a nicely done article. Whenever you write something like this you have to write is so even Skline can do it!!! LOL
Cheers, Elliot
McMark
No, I don't mind criticism. I'm waiting for my next engine install (few weeks) to take a picture of the engine halfway out. So that picture will be in eventually. I might also add some arrows to pictures at the same time. Thanks for the ideas!
rhodyguy
pretty nice. you might suggest steam cleaning the bottom of the car before you do this wink.gif . please pass the goop. the fuel rails can hang pretty easily. esp if you don't have second set of eyes and hands. if you slide 2 old license plates or pieces of tin inbetween the engine shelve and the bay seals, at the rail points, it will prevent hang ups.

kevin
thesey914
I like Andy's article on windscreen washers -Video too smilie_pokal.gif

CARE: for those of a delicate disposition...it does show water being squirted at a 914 unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.