Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: six oil pressure sender problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hars914
I am finishing my 2.0L six install. I was checking to make sure the wiring was OK.
When I checked the oil pressure the green light did not go on and the gauge
pegged to the high side of the gauge. I have the dual sensor. When I removed the
wires from the sender the gauge went to zero. I touched one of the wires to the
sender case and the green light went on. The gauge I know is OK since I have not had any problems with it before and it is new. Is this a sender problem??
machina
I just hooked mine up, maybe you have the gauge pole and the warning light pole swapped at the sender.
Series9
I think you have the wires for the light and gauge reversed. Try swapping them and see what happens. smile.gif
Joe Bob
Yup....that's what I did....swapped the wires at the sender and everything worked.
hars914
I did that and same problem. The gauge pegged out and no light.
The only time the light went on was when I touched the wire to the housing of the
sender not the post.
machina
did you use teflon tape or sealant on the sender thread? it gets its ground from the thread so remove if you used some.

that's all I got... smile.gif
hars914
I used teflon tape. I will check that
ein 6er
does the sender match your gauge?

can you please give me the numbers of the dual sender and gauge. i have a 904 style gauge, and i want the dual sender so i can use the gauge and the idiot light.

btw, what year is your engine?

sorry, not much help.

when you figure it out, please let us know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.