qqq
Rusty
qqq
Rusty
qqq
Rusty
qqq
Joseph Mills
Wow! Rusty, Tony & Craig - thanks for all the AX photos! Great documentation. smilie_pokal.gif
brant
nice pictures....

thanks for sharing...

Curt is the 2.2 yours...
would the owner of the 2.2 please tell us more about those metal front turnsignal lenses and how they are attatched....

(a close up would be wonderful)

thanks
brant
Joseph Mills
Below are the AX results of MUSR6. It wasn't a huge site (WalMart parking lot), but we designed a simple course, and made it as fast as possible (40+mph 2nd gear) and all the gates were 24' wide. The timed runs consisted of two consecutive laps with a garage stop finish. Even though volunteers did a big job sweeping, the surface was still pretty marbley. In spite of these limitations, drivers seemed to enjoy the 1 minute course. Maybe it was the perfect weather with sunshine.

Thanks to Terry Davis for overseeing the timing & scoring, and all the volunteers that helped set up the course and work the corners. And thanks to Curt Curtis for all his help and obtaining and hauling the equipment to Wagoner and Thom Ewing taking it from there. I was somewhat startled when all the drivers became such single-minded AX hounds when they arrived! Everyone knew just what to do and were very focused. Nothing beats autocrossing with fellow Teeners!

Charlie Davis came up with three classes for the event: under 2.0, 2.0, and over 2.0. Below are the results in the order they were run.

Betty Perrin, in her 1.8 (fastest in her class), bested the time of many aggressive males biggrin.gif Ed and Jan Mayo drove Betty's car after their own car experienced a mechanical. Their times suffered from having to drive an unfamiliar car. Tony's 2.1 Jake Raby engine (fastest in his class), and Craig's 6 sounded awesome on the course. DD laid down a very competitive 1st lap right off the bat, but was plagued with a mechanical. It was George's first AX in his very original 6 - he loved it. Murphy was not part of our MUSR group. He showed up from Tulsa just for the AX in his nicely prepared 914. Notice how most driver's steadily improved their times.
Joseph Mills
Oops. Craig's best time should read: 1:09.22
ClayPerrine
Correction.. Ed Mayo drove Charlie Davis' 2.0, not Betty's car.

Both Ed and Charlie, in Charlie's 2.0 got beat by Jan and Betty, in Betty's 1.8!
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 19 2004, 07:17 AM)
Joseph's car looks awesome on track!  :driving:
Did he change anything since last year?

Sean

Sparky has seen quite a few "race" biggrin.gif upgrades since last year's MUSR in Hot Springs.

A new clutch that no longer slips.
A new tranny that actually shifts.
New heads that lack bent valves, worn guides & seats. wacko.gif
A front end that no longer pushes (250# rear springs).
And of course, Demicks Pilot Lights!
It's also half inch lower and I lost the ducktail.

Maybe next year it will see paint. Well, maybe. laugh.gif
Joseph Mills
Well, everybody kinda beat me to the punch. But here's the pics I shot at the group photo thing. It would have all been better if we would have had an additional 30 minutes for more shooting.
Joseph Mills
ddd
Joseph Mills
ddd
Joseph Mills
ddd
Joseph Mills
ddd
Joseph Mills
ddd
Joseph Mills
ddd
Joseph Mills
Last one. Whew!
Course, we haven't seen Dave Darling's photos yet! biggrin.gif
seanery
Curt,
what's up with the bumper?
'been meaning to ask...
Doug Leggins
Great pics. Looks like a bunch of fun. Maybe next year I'll have a 914 that can make it to the event.

We need to make sure that the FFC and MUSR do not fall on the same weekend.
GTeener
What's up with that course chalk'n?

You guys cheat lay'n down the 'ideal' drive line...
TheCabinetmaker
Sean, I've been waiting on that question! Joseph gave me a set of near perfect 75 bumpers. I was busy changing them out one afternoon when I got a call from a client and spent the rest of the day on the road. After 4 hours of driving with no bumpers, I was hooked. There was no way they going back on. I made what you see from 1/4" plywood just to cove up the uglies till I could afford some after market stuff, or backdate to the early ones. The more I looked, the better I liked what I saw. I'm going to use these as a basis to form a fiberglass bumper of my own design. As I am a master cabinetmaker, I will mock them up completely from wood and make a mold from that to lay up fiberglass. It will be a brand new design. I looked at all the available stuff and saw nothing I liked. Too low. Too busy. My car has never been wrecked and will be a good basis for bumpers that fit like they are susposed to.

Here's a closer pic of the front

Please, no one laugh. It's an idea and a work in progress.
seanery
thanks for the info.

I like the cleanliness of it's design, but I think it needs a little horizontal relief somewhere so it's not quite so "slabby"
TheCabinetmaker
It's actually the same angle as the stock chrome bumper. What your seeing is the sharpness of the transition from hood to bumper. My plan is to extend it 2" forward, round the top, and incorporate the front spoiler into the bumper. The 2'' depth will give me room for the square fogs from the 75. An oil cooler opening is in the thought process also. The rear will be smooth and sleak.
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(GTeener @ Oct 19 2004, 05:58 PM)
What's up with that course chalk'n?

You guys cheat lay'n down the 'ideal' drive line...

That was our "no passing" line. biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
Actually the line was there for the Delorean club that used the course in the afternoon. biggrin.gif

We had some experienced AX drivers that got lost walking the course. So we figured that we better put a guide line down so no one got lost. After all, it's supposed to be fun.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 19 2004, 07:18 PM)
Actually the line was there for the Delorean club that used the course in the afternoon. biggrin.gif

We had some experienced AX drivers that got lost walking the course. So we figured that we better put a guide line down so no one got lost. After all, it's supposed to be fun.

Man I could have used that chalk at the WCC! I couldn't find the course with a seeing eye dog! Nice event your guy's! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.