Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 sighting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
wndsnd
QUOTE(rwilner @ Jul 12 2012, 07:57 PM) *

I just checked back in on this thread...

is someone planning a get together?

Taking Gandolph_025 and his wife for a sail out of Newburyport tomorrow at noon if you want to join us. Other than that I think we were going to wait till late August and have a cookout.
rwilner
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 12 2012, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(rwilner @ Jul 12 2012, 07:57 PM) *

I just checked back in on this thread...

is someone planning a get together?

Taking Gandolph_025 and his wife for a sail out of Newburyport tomorrow at noon if you want to join us. Other than that I think we were going to wait till late August and have a cookout.

That sounds amazing and really a generous offer but I am booked tomorrow.

Let me know about the august cookout. I might be able to convince Abbie to follow me with Jeffrey (6 months old) if it's an hour drive or less.

I would be willing to host it and we could do some wrenching in my garage if anyone needs...I just bought an air compressor!

scott_in_nh
How did the sail go?
Sorry I missed it, but I took the car up to the Penobscot R. im Maine for some Class 5 whitewater rafting and tandem skydiving (both highly recommended if you like adrenaline).

Ran great, 29-30 mpg @ 65-70
27 mpg @ 75-80

Between this trip and the one on last monday down to the Mohegan Sun I had another 1000 mile week in my 914 driving.gif

Yeah I know - no pictures it didn't happen, but you guys know I drive and have seen plenty of pictures of my car on the road so bootyshake.gif
r_towle
cookout here in late august.
Bring the family, my wife loves babies...

rich
wndsnd
The sail was great. It was a perfect weather day. Saturday Al and his wife Susan stopped by to give me project encouagement and he brought his gorgeous LT1 Cor vette. Wewent to the mega cruise at Skips in Merrimac and showed the LT1 and a friends Chevelle. Other than being hotter than hell it was a perfect car day.

Looking forward to Rich's cookout.

It sounds like you landed safely, if not a little crazy

happy11.gif
gandalf_025
Yes, we had a great time. Weather was perfect.. The temperature drop when you get out of the harbor felt so good..
A day on the ocean. perfect weather and meeting new friends. Doesn't get much better than that.

I only took a couple of pictures.. Here is one of the boat on the mooring when we got back and were picked up by the launch..

Click to view attachment

And, the HMS Bounty was visiting Newburyport Harbor.. we motored up to get a closer look on the way back.....

Click to view attachment

Next day at Skips was hot as hell.... some interesting cars though...
sixerdon
For you guys up north yonder, you might be interested in this;

NCR ANNUAL PORSCHE CAR SHOW

Sunday, July 22, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Porsche of Stratham

60 Portsmouth Avenue

Benefits the Make-A-Wish Foundation:

Enjoy the fun and help grant wishes for children with life threatening illnesses.

Registration begins at 9:00 AM

DJ Michael Guyre of Audio Events will be providing the music

Kathy's Kitchen will be serving up a delicious lunch.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Jul 17 2012, 09:43 PM) *

Porsche of Stratham

60 Portsmouth Avenue

Enjoy the fun and help grant wishes for children with life threatening illnesses.

This is right around the corner from me so it is likely that I will be there.
My son and I pulled in with the 914 about a month ago and one of the sales guys invited us to it - let me know if you are thinking about being there....
sixerdon
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 18 2012, 04:59 AM) *

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Jul 17 2012, 09:43 PM) *

Porsche of Stratham

60 Portsmouth Avenue

This is right around the corner from me so it is likely that I will be there.
My son and I pulled in with the 914 about a month ago and one of the sales guys invited us to it - let me know if you are thinking about being there....

I have a ton of chores to get done so I won't be going.

However, there is going to be a MAJOR Porsche event the likes of which will not be seen in these parts for years to come. Mark the date......Saturday, August 18.
I will fill in more later as I am very much involved with the event.

Don
wndsnd
piratenanner.gif
flippa
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 16 2012, 03:09 PM) *

cookout here in late august.
Bring the family, my wife loves babies...

rich

As long as I don't need to show up with a running car, I am in.

How much does your wife love babies? I have two that I can drop off anytime smile.gif
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Jul 20 2012, 09:35 AM) *

However, there is going to be a MAJOR Porsche event the likes of which will not be seen in these parts for years to come. Mark the date......Saturday, August 18.

Don

Calendar marked!
wndsnd
Scott, what time are you going? I have to return a watch to the mall and might swap by while I am in the area.

r_towle
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 20 2012, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Jul 20 2012, 09:35 AM) *

Don

Calendar marked!

http://www.ech2012.com
wndsnd
Bad link?
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 21 2012, 02:45 PM) *

Scott, what time are you going? I have to return a watch to the mall and might swap by while I am in the area.

I ended up passing on the show and went for a 250 mile motorcycle ride with my brothers instead - probably the 1st time the 3 of us have ridden together in 35 years (I've ridden with both seperately, but not all together)
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 22 2012, 07:46 AM) *

Bad link?

http://www.ech2012.com/
r_towle
Abel and I made it up to the NCR Porsche Car show yesterday at Straham Porsche.
Great turn out.
There were more 356's at this show than at the German Car day..odd.

Given my numerous surgeries, I was happy to get out on a field trip, but I only lasted about two hours and then had Abel drive us home while I relaxed in the passenger seat.

Rich
wndsnd
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 23 2012, 09:33 AM) *

Bad link?

Sorry that you didn't make it. There ended up being 3 914-4 and 1 914-6 in attendance, along with 356's, and many other Porsche Road Cars. There even was a Carrera GT on display. There were a couple of $5.00 raffles, and I was told I won the New Porsche for a weekend by Porsche Stratham. I am waiting for details.

Al and Sue were there with their 86 twin plug 3.0 911, and we had a much cooler enjoyable day than we had at Skips the weekend before.

Hope to see you soon
John B.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 23 2012, 10:34 AM) *

QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 23 2012, 09:33 AM) *

Bad link?

Sorry that you didn't make it. There ended up being 3 914-4 and 1 914-6 in attendance, along with 356's, and many other Porsche Road Cars. There even was a Carrera GT on display. There were a couple of $5.00 raffles, and I was told I won the New Porsche for a weekend by Porsche Stratham. I am waiting for details.

Al and Sue were there with their 86 twin plug 3.0 911, and we had a much cooler enjoyable day than we had at Skips the weekend before.

Hope to see you soon
John B.

Sorry I missed you guys - usually nobody but me shows up at these things!

Now that you know where it is, I am less than 5 minutes north of the Porsche of Stratham Dealership.

Oh well, I needed the motorcycle ride more than I needed another hot (even if not too hot) day in a parking lot!
gandalf_025
I was really surprised by the amount of cars that showed up considering
where this was held
But the weather was perfect and the PCA made sure to have FREE Food.

I did take a few pictures... There were more 356's than 911's

Also 3 Ferrari's and 3 Vipers..???

I did hear them call John's name for winning the raffle..
New Porsche for a weekend.. Not a bad deal

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
wndsnd
Dealer called me today. I can't pick the ride, but I can pick the weekend! piratenanner.gif

Let's see, sun, HP, new car smell, FREE...... Priceless driving.gif
rwilner
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 23 2012, 10:34 AM) *

Al and Sue were there with their 86 twin plug 3.0 911

not trying to be a dink but should an 86 have a 3.2?
gandalf_025
Yes, the 86 did come with a 3.2. The car has over 150,000 miles on it and the engine was getting tired. Was quicker and simpler to pick up this slightly warmed up 3.0 and drop it in instead of tearing the 3.2 apart. This car is my wife's daily driver and I wanted it back in service asap..
I know the history of this engine and it was a good deal..
It passes California smog too..

Click to view attachment
wndsnd
icon_bump.gif

Running another sailing trip out of Newburyport saturday, late around 4:00 ish timed to return with the sunset and ending with the Yankee Homcoming fireworks show around 9:00. Always a good time with local 914 folks. Anyone that wants to take the sailing trip with us pm me and I will give you the directions to find us.

Enjoy a beautifull summer evening with good folks and a free fireworks display. We will bring snacks and drinks and party on the water for a few hours.. bring a friend and meet the gang.

Pm John B or call my cell 978 270 4554. beerchug.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(rwilner @ Jul 23 2012, 02:58 PM) *

not trying to be a dink.

Some things come naturally to some people. smile.gif

From one dick to another smile.gif

rich
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Aug 2 2012, 11:49 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Running another sailing trip out of Newburyport saturday, late around 4:00 ish timed to return with the sunset and ending with the Yankee Homcoming fireworks show around 9:00. Always a good time with local 914 folks. Anyone that wants to take the sailing trip with us pm me and I will give you the directions to find us.

Enjoy a beautifull summer evening with good folks and a free fireworks display. We will bring snacks and drinks and party on the water for a few hours.. bring a friend and meet the gang.

This sounds great!
I have a date tomorrow night who lives in Newburyport, but yesterday I bought us tickets to a 8 pm saturday night show in Portsmouth.
I could of saved myself $90 and still had a great time! headbang.gif
Next time for sure!
sixerdon
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 23 2012, 05:33 AM) *

Bad link?

I've been involved in laying out the concours field and organizing a swap meet.
Here's the official invite for anyone interested in seeing 110 356's (as of this writing) including 18 speedsters, many outlaws, pre'A's and everything 356. There is on going discussion that Chuck Stoddards Gmund coupe will be on the field. If you have never seen a 1949 hand built aluminum prototype coupe, here's your chance. There will be a Porsche corral next to the concours field for anyone coming in any other P-car. 914's can park together if you come as a group.

EAST COAST HOLIDAY CONCOURS

Saturday August 18th 9am-2pm all spectators welcome. Come see over 100 356s displayed on rolling fields vying for the entrants (aka people's) choice awards, No charge to view.

As an additional special event, there will be a Revolutionary Skirmish reenactment at 2pm, same place.

Location; Dog Gone Farm, 7 Endicott Rd., Boxford MA. Exit 51 off Rte 95

Don
wndsnd
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Aug 3 2012, 11:29 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

This sounds great!
I have a date tomorrow night who lives in Newburyport, but yesterday I bought us tickets to a 8 pm saturday night show in Portsmouth.
Next time for sure!

Scott, tonight, Friday in Newburyport, Yankee Homcoming free concert at the waterfront, behind the firehouse. 914 group will be to the right of the sound mixing tent.

John B.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Aug 3 2012, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Aug 3 2012, 11:29 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

This sounds great!
Next time for sure!

Scott, tonight, Friday in Newburyport, Yankee Homcoming free concert at the waterfront, behind the firehouse. 914 group will be to the right of the sound mixing tent.

John B.

thanks - not sure I can make it, but I will try.
sixerdon
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Aug 3 2012, 07:38 AM) *

QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 23 2012, 05:33 AM) *

Bad link?

I've been involved in laying out the concours field and organizing a swap meet.
Here's the official invite for anyone interested in seeing 110 356's (as of this writing) including 18 speedsters, many outlaws, pre'A's and everything 356. There is on going discussion that Chuck Stoddards Gmund coupe will be on the field. If you have never seen a 1949 hand built aluminum prototype coupe, here's your chance. There will be a Porsche corral next to the concours field for anyone coming in any other P-car. 914's can park together if you come as a group.

EAST COAST HOLIDAY CONCOURS

Saturday August 18th 9am-2pm all spectators welcome. Come see over 100 356s displayed on rolling fields vying for the entrants (aka people's) choice awards, No charge to view.

As an additional special event, there will be a Revolutionary Skirmish reenactment at 2pm, same place.

Location; Dog Gone Farm, 7 Endicott Rd., Boxford MA. Exit 51 off Rte 95

Don

Just a reminder for you locals....EAST COAST HOLIDAY CONCOURS this Saturday. 120 356's expected on the field including Chuck Stoddard's 1948 Gmund coupe #11, and close to 20 Speedsters, 10 Outlaws, and numerous other models.

Sunday morning will be a swap meet under a tent in the north parking lot of CoCo
Key Hotel at 50 Ferncroft Rd, Danvers. Swap meet open to public at 9:00 till noon, or when everyone is gone. It won't be big and will be mostly 356 parts, but not limited to them.

Don
djm914-6
I should be at the concours around noon. Is that Gmund from Paul Russel's? Saw a silver one there a few weeks ago.
djm914-6
Very cool showing of classic Porsches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.