Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 sighting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
djm914-6
I see so few 914s on the road that I get excited when I finally see one. Anyone here own that Silver 914 I saw drive by my shop in Rowley on Rt 1?
smj
The only place I saw 914s when I lived in Arlington (1998-2005) was at the track, an autocross at Ft. Devens, or very infrequently at somebody's shop. It was a red letter day when I met a guy who owned one and could ask him how he liked it... (I bought mine after I moved out here.)
bembry
There's a bunch in New England--we just hide out in the garage a lot.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(bembry @ Jul 2 2012, 08:15 AM) *

There's a bunch in New England--

Yes there are! agree.gif

--we just hide out in the garage a lot.

That "we" does not include me I drive mine practically everyday! driving.gif

If when you guys take your cars out and want to go for a drive up north, maybe to the top of Mt. Washington - let me know. poke.gif

wndsnd
Once it is rollling, maybe I could get a tow to the top! I'll take it from there! av-943.gif
sixerdon
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 2 2012, 04:52 AM) *

Yes there are! agree.gif

If when you guys take your cars out and want to go for a drive up north, maybe to the top of Mt. Washington - let me know. poke.gif

Gee, Scott.......maybe you're not driving your car enough to be seen? There have been no reports of a black '74 with white P-stripes driving down into Mass from NH?
.....or anywhere else for that matter. Do you have some secret stealth technology?
Don
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Jul 2 2012, 01:04 PM) *

Gee, Scott.......maybe you're not driving your car enough to be seen? There have been no reports of a black '74 with white P-stripes driving down into Mass from NH?
.....or anywhere else for that matter. Do you have some secret stealth technology?
Don

Ha-ha, I've wondered why I never get spotted - I'm definitely driving it enough!!
bembry
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 2 2012, 05:52 AM) *

Yes there are! agree.gif

Mine was out of the garage today. piratenanner.gif
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(bembry @ Jul 2 2012, 07:59 PM) *

without pictures it didn't happen! laugh.gif
bembry
Daaang!
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(bembry @ Jul 3 2012, 10:23 PM) *

Daaang!

How does that 2056 run?
bembry
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 4 2012, 06:39 AM) *

QUOTE(bembry @ Jul 3 2012, 10:23 PM) *

Daaang!

How does that 2056 run?

It pulls really strong--lot's of power on this motor piratenanner.gif

flippa
QUOTE(bembry @ Jul 2 2012, 04:59 PM) *

Mine hasn't seen the light of day in over 4 years except when the garage door is open blink.gif . I gotta get working on it.

Saw a sweet looking yellow one in Auburn, MA on Monday night. It was riding on a car carrier, so it could have been just arriving in MA or just leaving.
gandalf_025
You still working at Sublime ???

They seem to do nice work... I live just north in Newbury.. But my car
hasn't been out since the mid 80's
djm914-6
Yup still there... full time now too. Anyone in the area should feel free to stop by.
sixerdon
There is a rumor that 2 914's might be seen running around on Aquidneck Island (where the quahogs run free) this Saturday. Will there be anyone around to confirm it?
Don
wndsnd
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Jul 4 2012, 06:20 PM) *

Any of you Northeast guys are welcome to stop by and see my project sometime,
John B. C: 978-270-4554 for address. Also, I would be glad to pitch in a third hand where needed. bye1.gif
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 5 2012, 10:14 AM) *

John B. C: 978-270-4554 for address. Also, I would be glad to pitch in a third hand where needed. bye1.gif

I'm in Amesbury with my 914 at least every other week.
I can't believe we haven't spotted each other - the invisible black 914 strikes again!
EDIT: I assume by "project" you are on jackstands?
wndsnd
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 5 2012, 10:23 AM) *

I'm in Amesbury with my 914 at least every other week.
I can't believe we haven't spotted each other - the invisible black 914 strikes again!
EDIT: I assume by "project" you are on jackstands?

Yeah, yeah.... but I didn't start it till February! And, I am almost 1/2 done! driving.gif I am shooting for next spring. Hope to have it in paint this fall and the engine built shortly after. Right now parts everywhere!

Unlike others, I know your car exists....... beerchug.gif
I saw your car at the Museum a couple of weeks ago but you were off and about. Nice Ride. I am jealous of all your driving! I did talk to the Creamsicle Owner next to you though.

Next time through Amesbury if you get a few extra minutes, give me a call. I will be looking out for you.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 5 2012, 10:40 AM) *

Yeah, yeah.... but I didn't start it till February! And, I am almost 1/2 done! driving.gif I am shooting for next spring. Hope to have it in paint this fall and the engine built shortly after. Right now parts everywhere!

I saw your car at the Museum a couple of weeks ago but you were off and about. Nice Ride. I am jealous of all your driving! I did talk to the Creamsicle Owner next to you though.

Next time through Amesbury if you get a few extra minutes, give me a call. I will be looking out for you.

Sorry I missed you at the museum!
My ride is ok for a driver.
I'll give you call next lap of Amesbury - it looks like you have some other P cars worth looking at too!
wndsnd
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 5 2012, 10:53 AM) *

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 5 2012, 10:40 AM) *

Sorry I missed you at the museum!
My ride is ok for a driver.
I'll give you call next lap of Amesbury - it looks like you have some other P cars worth looking at too!

Great - Unfortunately the other cars are no longer in the stable...
scott_in_nh
Next lap is sooner than I thought - I'll be giving my son a ride down around 5 tonight.
I don't want to interfere with your famliy dinner or anything - especially on short notice.
I have a work cal coming up but will give you a call after that.
wndsnd
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 5 2012, 02:42 PM) *

Next lap is sooner than I thought - I'll be giving my son a ride down around 5 tonight.
I don't want to interfere with your famliy dinner or anything - especially on short notice.
I have a work cal coming up but will give you a call after that.

I will be here..
djm914-6

I keep meaning to enter your number into my phone. I'm always being sent to Turner Motorsports or Thin Air GraFX both in Amesbury. Gotta meet up sometime and I want to see your car.

Drove mine to work today. After driving around most of the spring and summer in loud mode, I finally put the caps over two of my exhaust outlets. I can actually hear the radio again!
wndsnd
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 5 2012, 09:24 PM) *

I keep meaning to enter your number into my phone. I'm always being sent to Turner Motorsports or Thin Air GraFX both in Amesbury. Gotta meet up sometime and I want to see your car.

Drove mine to work today. After driving around most of the spring and summer in loud mode, I finally put the caps over two of my exhaust outlets. I can actually hear the radio again!

Do it - Turner is literally right around the corner from me. Scott from NH stopped in today and yes he was driving his 914. We had a great chat and he gave me some good advice and ideas. They say loud is good for motorcycles. Maybe for our little cars too. smoke.gif
wndsnd

Do it - Turner is literally right around the corner from me. Scott from NH stopped in today and yes he was driving his 914. We had a great chat and he gave me some good advice and ideas. They say loud is good for motorcycles. Maybe for our little cars too. smoke.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 5 2012, 10:10 PM) *

No pics means it never happened.

Rich
gandalf_025

I'm sure I could fit a "few" cars in my yard if someone
wanted to come to the beach.. Free parking sure beats the 20.00 they charge down the street....
wndsnd
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Jul 6 2012, 01:03 PM) *

wanted to come to the beach.. Free parking sure beats the 20.00 they charge down the street....

Plum Island?
wndsnd
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 6 2012, 09:23 AM) *

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 5 2012, 10:10 PM) *

Rich

I know, I had the camera out for when Scott came over but we never stopped yacking and I forgot to take a shot or two...
gandalf_025
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 6 2012, 01:08 PM) *

Plum Island?

yes, Plum Island... The Newbury Side... Not really very crowded on the beaches around here..
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 6 2012, 09:23 AM) *

Rich

You got me! laugh.gif

I saw John's camera sitting there and I had mine - no excuses!

It was nice meeting you John, let me know when you need someone to swing the hammer at those rear bearings - don't worry about it.
wndsnd
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Jul 6 2012, 01:17 PM) *

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 6 2012, 01:08 PM) *

Plum Island?

yes, Plum Island... The Newbury Side... Not really very crowded on the beaches around here..

I will take you up on that, my wife is not a beach girl but I will twist her arm. I lived at the beach growing up but we used to go to Seabrook.

While we are offering up summer treats, how about sailing anyone? I keep a 37 foot sailboat in Newburyport and would be glad to host a day on the water!
rwilner
I really have nothing to add to this thread, but as someone in the boston area with a running 914 I felt obligated to post.

I drove mine to work every day this week smile.gif
wndsnd
QUOTE(rwilner @ Jul 6 2012, 01:40 PM) *

I really have nothing to add to this thread, but as someone in the boston area with a running 914 I felt obligated to post.

I drove mine to work every day this week smile.gif

Drive it North! beerchug.gif

I will be the firs this time...

"It didn't happen without pictures!" rolleyes.gif
gandalf_025

I will take you up on that, my wife is not a beach girl but I will twist her arm. I lived at the beach growing up but we used to go to Seabrook.

While we are offering up summer treats, how about sailing anyone? I keep a 37 foot sailboat in Newburyport and would be glad to host a day on the water!
[/quote]

My wife loves to sail... She would be happy to spend time on a boat...
wndsnd
Click to view attachment[quote name='gandalf_025' date='Jul 6 2012, 02:24 PM' post='1705195']

[/quote]

My wife loves to sail... She would be happy to spend time on a boat...
[/quote]

Let's put it together... Who else wants to join us?

OU8AVW
Um, is that a shot of your boat?
If so, you should think about reefing or easing that mainsheet biggrin.gif
scott_in_nh
I'm in!
I grew up on power boats as my dad was a big time sport fisherman so I'll just stay out of the way and beer3.gif
wndsnd
QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Jul 6 2012, 02:46 PM) *

Good Call, yes it is my boat, I was in a local race with my son and his gung ho friend when the wind pickup up second time around the bouys. I had a reef for the first round but took a chance on the second and was overpowered. It cost me time and place. headbang.gif
wndsnd
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 6 2012, 02:46 PM) *

I'm in!
I grew up on power boats as my dad was a big time sport fisherman so I'll just stay out of the way and beer3.gif

You are in sir..... Let's see when Gandolph_-025 and his wife can go.

How about Rich T, Rich W, David, anyone else ?

gandalf_025
Well, Since I'm Unemployed and my wife is off for the summer....

We have what I generally refer to as a "Very Open" Social Calender..

We can go at any time, generally..

And it isn't like we would have far to go to get to Newburyport..
r_towle
I would love it.
I am heading to the micro car show at Larz this weekend...and then surgery next friday...but I will be back in business again in a few weeks and would love to join in august sometime.

We have been thinking about a first ever BBQ on our back yard...few have seen it and I believe we could hold 30 or more cars easily..
BBQ, swap meet...whatever.
Maybe late august if that make sense...
I am a car guy, so any car will do in my book.
Rich
djm914-6
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 6 2012, 02:53 PM) *

Good Call, yes it is my boat, I was in a local race with my son and his gung ho friend when the wind pickup up second time around the bouys. I had a reef for the first round but took a chance on the second and was overpowered. It cost me time and place. headbang.gif

You sir are my new best friend! I miss sailing. I had to sell.my boat shortly after I got married; something about 10 foot seas and a 25 foot boat. If you ever need crew,let me know.
wndsnd
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 6 2012, 08:07 PM) *

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 6 2012, 02:53 PM) *

You sir are my new best friend! I miss sailing. I had to sell.my boat shortly after I got married; something about 10 foot seas and a 25 foot boat. If you ever need crew,let me know.

Will do - I will pick a couple of dates for everyone to look at over the weekend.
wndsnd
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 6 2012, 05:23 PM) *

I would love it.
I am heading to the micro car show at Larz this weekend...and then surgery next friday...but I will be back in business again in a few weeks and would love to join in august sometime.

We have been thinking about a first ever BBQ on our back yard...few have seen it and I believe we could hold 30 or more cars easily..
Rich

Good because I am driving a pickup!
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 6 2012, 05:23 PM) *

I would love it.

Rich

I'm in!
bembry
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 3 2012, 06:55 AM) *

OK--proof it was out and about! Me and my Dad representing at the car show at Naval Station Newport, RI on the 7th. piratenanner.gif beer3.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
IPB Image
wndsnd
QUOTE(bembry @ Jul 10 2012, 11:52 PM) *

QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 3 2012, 06:55 AM) *

OK--proof it was out and about! Me and my Dad representing at the car show at Naval Station Newport, RI on the 7th. piratenanner.gif beer3.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
IPB Image

pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
rwilner
I just checked back in on this thread...

is someone planning a get together?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.