Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil tem psender gaskets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
does anyone have an exploded view picture of the oil temp sender gasket setup ...
I thought I put everything in, all new including the copper washers...
Started dripping when I started the motor...

Must have missed something...
Pics would reallly help, I may have forgotten something.

rich
76-914
Rich, I had a Hell of a time sealing my last one. Finally put some sealant around the small crush washers and the bolt threads. Some use studs in place of those bolts. beerchug.gif
type47
did you use the paper gasket between the base and the cover?
Click to view attachment
don't know if this would cause the leak, I would think the red o-ring or the crush washers would be more likely....
Black22
I just did this. I don't have a cover, taco plate only. I put some Loctite 565 on the O-ring, threads of the bolts and a small dab on the new crush washers as well. I did NOT want to do this again. Hasn't leaked in over a week and I've put another 60 miles on her.

The hard part is cleaning/ drying the sealing surface and installing the plate as more oil tries to drip from the engine. I drained all my oil, but there is always more looking to escape.
Valy
There is a big silicon o ring between case and sender holder. Then a paper gasket between the sender plate and cover. The holding bolts have copper washers. The sender also has a copper washer.
The copper washers are available in the HF copper washers set. The paper gasketsare in my rebuilding thread in my signature.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.