Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2012 Red Rocks Classic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
rick 918-S
sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
QUOTE(jsconst @ Aug 26 2012, 10:25 AM) *

Next week would be too soon, got my new motor in yesterday, installing the microsquirt today and hopefully startup. I'll need every day left to get this done in time to drive it to Utah.

Jeff

There's 24 hrs in a day. smash.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 26 2012, 08:32 AM) *

Next week would be too soon, got my new motor in yesterday, installing the microsquirt today and hopefully startup. I'll need every day left to get this done in time to drive it to Utah.

Jeff

I think I might need them all, start up didn't happen today but there's still hope. smile.gif

Jeff
MoveQik
Is it time to leave yet??? driving.gif
JRust
I am so ready to be off work I can't even begin to say how much I am looking forward to RRC. Not even so much hanging out with all you slobs poke.gif . Just getting myself out of the office for a week plus piratenanner.gif . Between that & my week in Scottsdale right after. My days are dragggggingggggggggggg dry.gif

Of course I am looking forward to hanging out in Beaver evilgrin.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(jsconst @ Aug 26 2012, 09:34 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 26 2012, 08:32 AM) *

Jeff

I think I might need them all, start up didn't happen today but there's still hope. smile.gif

Jeff

You can do it Jeff! I did my -6 conversion last summer and I literally 'finished' it the night before leaving for the RRC2011. I got the clutch hooked up, adjusted (after some trouble), drove it for the first time around the block a couple of times. Hooked it up for a flat tow of 700 some miles and broke it in at 11,000 ft in Ouray, CO.
It can be done.
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif
Eric_Shea
Who's coming through Salt Lake City?

We can do a BBQ Thursday Evening before a Friday Caravan down.

Dean?
JKH?
Jamie?
Strat?
Rick? (Going I-80 or 70?)
Jeff?
James?
Ed?? (where are you flying in to?)
DraperJoJo?
Lil Erc?

Who am I missing?
SLITS
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 28 2012, 09:29 AM) *

Dean?
JKH?
Jamie?
Strat?
Jeff?
James?
DraperJoJo?
Lil Erc?

Who am I missing?

Me wub.gif

I'll be there in spirit smoke.gif
Eric_Shea
Oooo... Just thought about this. We have sleeping quarters for a SLC Stay-Over.

The guest room will be occupied by the head mechanic. We have a pull out sofa in the theater room and this...

Sleeps 8 as couples or 4 individuals:

IPB Image
ejm
Jen and I are flying into SLC a few days early and will be driving down from Idaho Falls Friday morning
Eric_Shea
You're welcome here if you want to come down Thursday night.
ejm
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 28 2012, 01:06 PM) *

You're welcome here if you want to come down Thursday night.

Thanks! I'll talk to Jen and see how that works
sawtooth
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 28 2012, 10:29 AM) *

Dean?
JKH?
Jamie?
Strat?
Jeff?
James?
DraperJoJo?
Lil Erc?

Who am I missing?

I'm in for a thursday eve bbq. My 15yr old son will be with me. I may try to talk you into some yard space to pitch a tent thurs. night.

Eric_Shea
Cool Dean. We'll have the RV set-up in the driveway. All the comforts of home.
JRust
I may try to get there thursday night too. Still a few things up in the air before I can decide. I'll let you know though. Worst case I'll be there friday morning
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 28 2012, 11:29 AM) *

Dean?
JKH?
Jamie?
Strat?
Jeff?
James?
DraperJoJo?
Lil Erc?

Who am I missing?

Sandy just booked her flight today into Denver arriving Thursday AM. I'm picking her up at the airport. We are tenitively heading for Mike and Mary Moorman's new place in Durango if everthing is right with the car and the weather. If I would have seen this earlier we may have change our plans. She could have just as easily flown into SLC.
JStroud
Looks like I'll be leaving sometime Thursday from the Sacramento Ca area, probably drive to Vegas thursday then head out Friday morning to Beaver.

Doesn't seem like anyone from my area is going to caravan with, maybe I could meet up with the group leaving vegas Friday morning.

Sunday when I leave I'm going to Albuquerque for a few days then back home with probably a layover in flagstaff.

But this is all assuming my car gets finished by Thursday.
Jason (az914) thanks for the encouragement, cars is about done, just need to finish up the engine now, hopefully should be done by Monday and on the road for tuning, and new tires.

Jeff
sawtooth
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 28 2012, 12:36 PM) *

Cool Dean. We'll have the RV set-up in the driveway. All the comforts of home.

Sorry, plans changed. Can't make it thursday night. Looking to meet up with you guys on Friday for the caravan.
MoveQik
QUOTE(jsconst @ Aug 29 2012, 06:59 AM) *

Doesn't seem like anyone from my area is going to caravan with, maybe I could meet up with the group leaving vegas Friday morning.

Good luck with the car and we'll see you in Vegas!! beerchug.gif I heard a rumor of a 9:14am departure on Friday. smile.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 29 2012, 07:30 AM) *

QUOTE(jsconst @ Aug 29 2012, 06:59 AM) *

Good luck with the car and we'll see you in Vegas!! beerchug.gif I heard a rumor of a 9:14am departure on Friday. smile.gif

I imagine we will need to stock up on booze before entering Utah. beer.gif
Eric_Shea
Word of Caution: A crusty elder may think it entertaining to tempt fate with the local Andy & Barney. I SERIOUSLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS.

These guys are "Well known throughout the State" for their law enforcement tactics. Lifted trucks get pulled over. Tinted windows get pulled over. Tires outside fender limits. Signs or stickers in windows obstructing your view.

You may put Beaver on the map but Beaver may, in turn, put you on the pine. Think about it.

Dead serious.
Eric_Shea
Looks like I'll be leaving sometime Thursday from the Sacramento Ca area, probably drive to Vegas thursday then head out Friday morning to Beaver.

Jeff... head East on I-80 and come here and down. We have space and we can caravan down from SLC.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 29 2012, 10:02 AM) *

Word of Caution: A crusty elder may think it entertaining to tempt fate with the local Andy & Barney. I SERIOUSLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS.

These guys are "Well known throughout the State" for their law enforcement tactics. Lifted trucks get pulled over. Tinted windows get pulled over. Tires outside fender limits. Signs or stickers in windows obstructing your view.

You may put Beaver on the map but Beaver may, in turn, put you on the pine. Think about it.

Dead serious.

So, you're saying I should maybe remove this from my rear window? happy11.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 29 2012, 10:04 AM) *

Jeff... head East on I-80 and come here and down. We have space and we can caravan down from SLC.

Thanks for the offer, but SLC is 11 hrs, beavers 11 hrs, Vegas is only 9hrs. Plus I've only been to Vegas once, I've been to SLC several times, had friends that used to live there. Looking for some new roads. driving.gif

Jeff

JRust
Ahh only 8 days until I leave idea.gif Going to be a long 8 days wacko.gif
StratPlayer
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 29 2012, 11:04 AM) *

Hey Eric I'd like to join your caravan to Beaver...
Eric_Shea
So, you're saying I should maybe remove this from my rear window?

Naaaa... you're probably good with that. Enjoy your stay.

Jim...great to see you today. Looking better than ever my friend! Caravan it is.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(jsconst @ Aug 29 2012, 12:05 PM) *

Thanks for the offer, but SLC is 11 hrs, beavers 11 hrs, Vegas is only 9hrs. Plus I've only been to Vegas once, I've been to SLC several times, had friends that used to live there. Looking for some new roads. driving.gif

Jeff

Excellent. Please join us Jeff. aktion035.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 29 2012, 08:59 PM) *

QUOTE(jsconst @ Aug 29 2012, 12:05 PM) *

Jeff

Excellent. Please join us Jeff. aktion035.gif

Just need to know where you're leaving from, I guess 9:14 departure time.

Jeff
VegasRacer
QUOTE(jsconst @ Aug 29 2012, 10:32 PM) *

Just need to know where you're leaving from, I guess 9:14 departure time.

Jeff

Jason and Wills are staying at my house Thurs night. Why don't you just meet us here.
I'll PM you the address. It is not out of the way. I thought we could go around the back side of Lake Mead and cut through Valley of Fire to get out of town.
JRust
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 29 2012, 10:47 PM) *

Jason and Wills are staying at my house Thurs night. Why don't you just meet us here.
I'll PM you the address. It is not out of the way. I thought we could go around the back side of Lake Mead and cut through Valley of Fire to get out of town.

Just be prepared to see some cool shit! John has got some seriously cool stuff at his place. Just don't touch his many stacks of license plates. He might beat you happy11.gif
SharonG
Jim LaMonica, please PM me for lunch info. Or if anyone knows Jim's member identifier, let me know. I can't find it.

Everyone else that I have on the attendee list, I just PMd you for lunch feedback. If you plan to attend and didn't get a PM from me, let me know and I'll rectify the situation. beerchug.gif
SLITS
I called Jim and left a message ... if he doesn't PM you, he can starve.

Why didn't you announce our luncheon menu of Steak & Lobster, steamed veggies and Brut Champagne catered for our luncheon? NARPSTERS have class ya know!
SharonG
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 30 2012, 02:28 PM) *

Why didn't you announce our luncheon menu of Steak & Lobster, steamed veggies and Brut Champagne catered for our luncheon? NARPSTERS have class ya know!

I'm not sure lobster from Beaver sounds very appetizing. blink.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 30 2012, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 30 2012, 02:28 PM) *

I'm not sure lobster from Beaver sounds very appetizing. blink.gif

Dey is called Crawdads fur shur!
sixnotfour
FYI Suzie is at the MGM
euro911
QUOTE(smj @ Jun 28 2012, 12:52 PM) *
...Added an entry to the Calendar, feel free to edit/update.
I didn't know there was a calendar feature confused24.gif ... can any member make entries in it? confused24.gif
JRust
WTF.gif this wasn't on the first page beer.gif

I am now 136 hours from catching my flight piratenanner.gif
VegasRacer
Hey Mark? burger.gif Andy? smilie_flagge6.gif
Will it be possible for us to have a Live Event Uploader for the RRC? pray.gif

I would ask Gint or Eric, but I don't think they have the power. type.gif
Eric_Shea
Engine and tranny securely in place. Let the wrench'n begin.
sixnotfour
I got, a threaded plug, a throttle bellcrank with bushings, and a 26mm female fitting to the big hose male (small to big).
80mm fin, weber screens.

Mike Wills , Suzie will be at the MGM,one medium size suitcase, Hopefully a bag of MONEY (but i doubt that) Tuesday threw Friday. We will call tomorrow.
MoveQik
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 1 2012, 03:51 PM) *

Mike Wills , Suzie will be at the MGM,one medium size suitcase, Hopefully a bag of MONEY (but i doubt that) Tuesday threw Friday. We will call tomorrow.

thumb3d.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 1 2012, 08:16 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 1 2012, 03:51 PM) *

Mike Wills , Suzie will be at the MGM, one medium size bag and a suitcase full of MONEY. Tuesday threw Friday. We will call tomorrow.

thumb3d.gif

Tell Suzie to walk across the street Tues - Thurs and I will buy her lunch at Diablo's. chowtime.gif beer3.gif happy11.gif
porschecb
Wait! What? I live in Vegas now!

Michael
VegasRacer
. . . . as of yesterday.

piratenanner.gif Excellent. You made it. Finally.
Welcome to town Michael. beerchug.gif

Now start getting packed for the caravan to Beaver. poke.gif
JStroud
Well I hate to say it....but I give up. Doesn't look like I'm going to make it.
Couldn't get the new engine going, so I pulled it yesterday and started working on putting the old running motor back in so I could still make the trip. Decided to do a vavle adjustment while it was out, first valve I went to adjust....looked kinda funny headbang.gif spring is resting against the rocker arm, I guess the keeper failed, but it seems to still be there, but the valve stem is barely sticking out past the valve spring cap. Today was my last chance to get it going, have to work Monday-Wednesday to finish the job I'm working on now....so I guess thats it, I'm out of time and engines.

Maybe next year, Brant I guess you'll have to mail my shirt, I'll PM my address.

Have fun drunk.gif driving.gif smoke.gif , but don't end up in Beaver jail.

Jeff
euro911
I know the feeling dry.gif

We're not making it either ... too many obligations on our calendar to have everything ready to go. Hoping next year (after my wife retires) cheer.gif
porschecb
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 2 2012, 12:01 AM) *

. . . . as of yesterday.

piratenanner.gif Excellent. You made it. Finally.
Welcome to town Michael. beerchug.gif

Now start getting packed for the caravan to Beaver. poke.gif

No can make it. Moving into my apartment that weekend. I might be able to do lunch this week with you guys.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(jsconst @ Sep 2 2012, 09:53 AM) *

Well I hate to say it....but I give up. Doesn't look like I'm going to make it.

Sorry to hear that. sad.gif
Grab a different set of keys and drive something comfortable and reliable.
A 914 is not required to attend the party.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(porschecb @ Sep 2 2012, 11:57 AM) *

I might be able to do lunch this week with you guys.

How about dinner Thursday night or breakfast Friday before we head out? chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.