SharonG
Hotel:
Best Western Butch Cassidy Inn
161 South Main Street, Beaver, UT
(435) 438-2438
$72.99/night, reservation for Porsche group
$10/night/pet
Has a lot in back for RVs.
There's a patio with BBQ and an outdoor pool.
MAKE YOUR RESERVATION BY THE END OF JULY, please.

Dinner Friday: BBQ as is tradition (just chip in at RRC)
Lunch Saturday: depends on drive
Dinner Saturday: BBQ Dos (probably)

Tentative drive:
Click to view attachment

Awards are being manufactured by John Peterson and he's adding improvements to the award categories! (see post 40)

T-shirt design by Eric Lowe. T-shirt order has been placed!
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Current list of attendees:
Gint
SharonG
Sleepin (Eric) & Val
JP (aka Elvira aka VegasRacer)
Elliot
SLITS
MoveQik
AZ914 / JLu
Ricola & Sandy
sixnotfour
michael7810
JRust
StratPlayer & Wife
Ed & Jen Morrow
Mike & Diane Pieper
ThinAir
Mike DeVries
Socalandy
brant
sawtooth
*Erc*
Jim & Deb LaMonica
Ferg
majkos & Henna

Hope to see you there!!! beerchug.gif There is no formal registration - just let me know you're coming and don't do a no show!
smj
w00t.gif I'm looking forward to this. I need a deadline or other factor to motivate more work on the -6, and I'm dying for a road trip. With a couple days in Yosemite for good meaure, and a week off...

Added an entry to the Calendar, feel free to edit/update.
JRust
I'll be there! Hopefully in my v8 biggrin.gif
SLITS
This will be bigger than the "End of The World".

ClubNARP, with the assistance of World will put Beaver on the map (most of us will be in jail. beer3.gif)

Film at 11 ....................
Lennies914
Looks like 657 miles of twisties through Yosemite. idea.gif
rick 918-S
assimilate.gif
JStroud
Is there information on this elsewhere, couldn't find any, like cost, how to register.
Tried a search couldn't find anything but for past years. But I am search challenged.

I drove my car 500 miles last weekend it should make it to Utah. driving.gif

Thanks

Jeff
JoeSharp
Jeff: There is a thread over on NARP, click on the link in my sig, its in the Garage near the top.
SLITS
Reservation made ... get with it you pikers!!! angry.gif

Am looking at a second run .... Beaver to Bryce Canyon Nat'l Park .... 176 miles total ...
Lunch at the Hungry Coyote ... best ribs anywhere

Problems:

1.) Anybody younger than me has to pay $25 for entrance into the Nat'l Park

2.) Return route is same as the way in.

Oh well ... gonna stare some more at Google Earth.
SharonG
QUOTE(jsconst @ Jun 29 2012, 08:28 AM) *

Is there information on this elsewhere, couldn't find any, like cost, how to register.
Tried a search couldn't find anything but for past years. But I am search challenged.

Thanks

Jeff

Hey Jeff, we're not organized enough yet to determine fees other than t-shirt cost ($25 which is separate - see t-shirt ordering thread or talk to Ferg to tell him what size you want). Lunch tabs will likely be taken care of by each individual at lunch. If we end up doing a dinner that is a flat amount for the group, I'll collect money at RRC.

Just tell me you're attending - that's your registration. beerchug.gif
Mike Bellis
Wish I could make this one... Next year! sad.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jun 29 2012, 01:29 PM) *

QUOTE(jsconst @ Jun 29 2012, 08:28 AM) *

Thanks

Jeff

Hey Jeff, we're not organized enough yet to determine fees other than t-shirt cost ($25 which is separate - see t-shirt ordering thread or talk to Ferg to tell him what size you want). Lunch tabs will likely be taken care of by each individual at lunch. If we end up doing a dinner that is a flat amount for the group, I'll collect money at RRC.

Just tell me you're attending - that's your registration. beerchug.gif

Thanks for the info, might try and make it. Been wanting to drive the 914 to Albuquerque to visit the Grandkids, could make this a stop on the way or way back.
Turns out beavers exactly half way. I'm going to plan for it....I'll let you know for sure as it gets closer. driving.gif beerchug.gif

Jeff

Ok McMark, time to get the new motor in! poke.gif

Jeff
SLITS
Back to the top .... if for no other reason than to irritate the World members.

How could you possibly miss an event where the world's largest ice cream cones are right across the street from the hotel?

How could you pass up a pool that actually has water in it?

How 'bout a hotel that doesn't lock the front door at 7 PM?

An Erc ... you'll love this place. Front desk clerk is named Jasmine .... whoooyaaa!
SharonG
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 30 2012, 11:06 AM) *

Back to the top .... if for no other reason than to irritate the World members.

How could you possibly miss an event where the world's largest ice cream cones are right across the street from the hotel?

How could you pass up a pool that actually has water in it?

How 'bout a hotel that doesn't lock the front door at 7 PM?

An Erc ... you'll love this place. Front desk clerk is named Jasmine .... whoooyaaa!

Eric has already accepted the challenge to explode something in the fire pit while stripped down to his undies. beer3.gif
SharonG
Mike said he's highlight this thread when he's back from his biz trip. wub.gif
76-914
Tell Erc to bring his own damned camera this year. My wife still thinks I took those "breast shots". beerchug.gif
StratPlayer
Wife and I will be there aktion035.gif piratenanner.gif driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif
shelby/914
Sharon, i'm in again. Don't know about the wife or car yet.

Danny

I'm blinder than I thought, already listed with the NARP name.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 29 2012, 10:58 AM) *

Am looking at a second run .... Beaver to Bryce Canyon Nat'l Park .... 176 miles total ...

Problems:

Reservation made Beeotch. I'm younger than you. (By one year) laugh.gif Do I have to pay to get in the park? WTF.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 2 2012, 11:36 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 29 2012, 10:58 AM) *

Problems:

Reservation made Beeotch. I'm younger than you. (By one year) laugh.gif Do I have to pay to get in the park? WTF.gif

Even though you are over 62 and have a Senior Pass for all the Nat'l Parks, I made a rule that Retired Vegan UPS Pilots MUST PAY
. I have tremendous influence in gubermint circles.

I am over 62 and an asshole so I get a free pass!! lol-2.gif
Scott S
Can I buy a t-shirt even if I cant go?
StratPlayer
Room booked driving.gif piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif drunk.gif
brant
QUOTE(Scott S @ Jul 3 2012, 09:23 AM) *

Can I buy a t-shirt even if I cant go?

YES...

but....you should really go once.
at a minium you must drive your car around the block before the event
Scott S
I absolutely promise to drive it prior to RRC!!!! (Hopefully prior to then end of July)

I leave on the 9th for the Festival of Speed in Goodwood - it's been on my "bucket list" for some time.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Scott S @ Jul 3 2012, 11:34 AM) *

I absolutely promise to drive it prior to RRC!!!! (Hopefully prior to then end of July)

I leave on the 9th for the Festival of Speed in Goodwood - it's been on my "bucket list" for some time.

If you're going to Goodwood, you better post a crap load of pictures immediately on return or sooner. biggrin.gif
shelby/914
Scott, don't forget you must dress appropriately, ie period correct. A group from the Shelby American collection went a few years back and had a fantastic time.They ran several european vintage races, which are not gentleman races. They are balls to the wall but with old expensive cars. Joe, who helped me with Mustang project was on the pit crew at the Spa race.

Danny
Scott S
I plan on dressing like "Twiggy" - or Mary Poppins.......
blink.gif barf.gif

Benny Hill? slap.gif

SLITS
Monty Python
Madswede
MP is a good idea ... You'd still win the Funny Walk competition Ron. lol-2.gif
SharonG
icon_bump.gif beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
Make your reservations. Order a "T" shirt. Drive into Beaver. Like most Red Rocks Classics, getting there is half the fun. Spectacular scenery. I might bring my mountain bike. That should be good for a few laughs.
MoveQik
Are we there yet? I need my 914 fix and the weather here sucks. I need some Beaver.
SharonG
If you have Netflix, watch season 6, episode 9, of "How I Met Your Mother" for a beaver-related episode. It has a catchy beaver song and everything. The episode title is "Glitter". beerchug.gif
SLITS
Since we may not have "giveaways or prizes" this year (I'm tired of asking for freebies), I have proposed a food fight at the awards dinner much as seen in "Blazing Saddles" ... pies, mashed potatoes, butter, frijoles ...

And at the mention of fijoles, I would heartily endorse a bean eating episode around a campfire. That should please the Vegan Elleyot. We can have Mongo as a guest of honor. Matches are optional.
JamesM
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 28 2012, 03:24 PM) *

This will be bigger than the "End of The World".

ClubNARP, with the assistance of World will put Beaver on the map (most of us will be in jail. beer3.gif)

Film at 11 ....................

I'd be happier if beaver were taken off the map completely. Pretty sure that speed trap exists just so the stromberg.gif hole cops that work there have a place to run amuck. sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif

I have made the drive from between So Cal and SLC at least 15 times. Only place I have ever had a problem with cops was Beaver. They will pull you over for doing 73 on I-15 in the middle of nowhere, and they will make it a mandatory court appearance even if you live out of state and tack on warrants and tons of fines if you don't show. Try calling them to sort it out and the only person that can help you is the judge (the only one they have) but he can never take your call as he is always in court.

bunch of sheeplove.gif ing a-holes
anyways *rant off*

The drive itself sounds nice though, just realize what you are getting into down there. who knows, maybe its gotten better since the last time i made the drive.
Eric_Shea
I like Ron. Ron is nice.
scotty b
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 11 2012, 06:12 PM) *

I like Ron. Ron is nice.

dry.gif Yer such a kiss ass dry.gif
ThinAir
My son Mike & I will be there. Maybe only 1 914, but we'll both be there. Still gotta book the room.
MoveQik
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Jul 11 2012, 09:55 PM) *

My son Mike & I will be there. Maybe only 1 914, but we'll both be there. Still gotta book the room.

I hope you leave Mike's car at home. It isn't fair that he has the Pioneer Spirit award locked up year after year. first.gif happy11.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jun 28 2012, 11:55 AM) *

Awards are being manufactured by John Peterson.

Since I have been handed this project without adequate training or adult supervision - I have made the arbitrary and unilateral decision to change some of the usual award classes:

Best of Show. drooley.gif

Most Original 914. first.gif

Most Creative Custom Mod. sawzall-smiley.gif

Cleanest 914. chowtime.gif (The Ferg Memorial)

Long Distance. driving.gif

Best Non NARP. cool_shades.gif (The James Dean Memorial - Rebel Without a Car)

The Gambler. lol-2.gif (you really took a chance driving that thing here)

That Guy/Girl. beer.gif
76-914
I can't go this year. Damn it. sad.gif I can be the usual selfish bastard that I am or go to an event that my wife is interested in. I usually do what I want so I'm going to do something different and not put myself first. I gotta do one of these every once in awhile. Keeps her off track and me out of the dog house. shades.gif I told her "no way" last week. She'll be surprised. biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jul 13 2012, 08:10 PM) *

Since I have been handed this project without adequate training or adult supervision - I have made the arbitrary and unilateral decision to change some of the usual award classes:

That Guy/Girl. beer.gif

I gave you $20 and promised you free smokes for the weekend and STILL no best "Yellow '75 3.2 conversion" award. This is bullshit. I'm out.
JRust
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jul 13 2012, 08:48 PM) *

That Guy/Girl. beer.gif

I gave you $20 and promised you free smokes for the weekend and STILL no best "Yellow '75 3.2 conversion" award. This is bullshit. I'm out.

Hey if I am just stuck with the Iron Butt award. I'm out too. My rear can only take so much blink.gif . My creamsicle wants some credit evilgrin.gif
JoeSharp

That Guy/Girl. beer.gif

QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 13 2012, 09:09 PM) *

That Guy/Girl. beer.gif

Hey if I am just stuck with the Iron Butt award. I'm out too. My rear can only take so much blink.gif . My creamsicle wants some credit evilgrin.gif

Hey, I dom't wanna know who is going to win events in adavance, so shouldn't you guys be giving John PM's .
SharonG
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 13 2012, 09:43 PM) *

I can't go this year. Damn it. sad.gif I can be the usual selfish bastard that I am or go to an event that my wife is interested in. I usually do what I want so I'm going to do something different and not put myself first. I gotta do one of these every once in awhile. Keeps her off track and me out of the dog house. shades.gif I told her "no way" last week. She'll be surprised. biggrin.gif

hissyfit.gif
JRust
Made my reservation! Or I at least hope I did. Guy took all my info to give to a gal on vacation who is handling the reservations confused24.gif . She's supposed to get back to me with confirmation.
SLITS
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 16 2012, 12:48 PM) *

Made my reservation! Or I at least hope I did. Guy took all my info to give to a gal on vacation who is handling the reservations confused24.gif . She's supposed to get back to me with confirmation.

Her name is Jasmine ... drooley.gif
ejm
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 16 2012, 03:48 PM) *

Same here. Called and left my first name and phone # for the group reservations girl to get back to me. She called a few days later, asked what kind of room I wanted and my zip code. No full name, no CC, no confirmation #. I guess I've got a reservation? confused24.gif
RiqueMar
Really bummed, but I know I'm not gonna make it this year.

Figures, closest RRC yet, and I can't make it. dry.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(ejm @ Jul 16 2012, 04:28 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 16 2012, 03:48 PM) *

Same here. Called and left my first name and phone # for the group reservations girl to get back to me. She called a few days later, asked what kind of room I wanted and my zip code. No full name, no CC, no confirmation #. I guess I've got a reservation? confused24.gif

I'll call and ask her what's up. Very weird.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.