I did use the search function & I did find a lot of info that heiped. I know now that I should have had more information before I bought the P/C set that I have now. Here is my situation & my question. I have a 1.7 engine with 75,000 miles. The car had been sitting since 1995 when I bought it in January. It came with dual webers and an aftermarket exhaust. It also had the high compression domed pistons. Being on a budget, I bought the 93mm dished piston & cylinder set on sale on the AA website. I also bought the Scat C25 cam, cam bearings & cam gear. From what I understand, the CR of the 1.7 with domed pistons is 8.2:1. The CR of the 1.8 with dished pistons is 7.3:1. With the cam, carbs & exhaust I have is it true that the high compression 1.7 would have made more power than the 1.8 with same cam etc? If I have the 1.7 heads flycut to fit the 93mm jugs without going any deeper to raise compression & omit the lower spacer & sealing ring how close would that get me to the 8.2:1 CR of the 1.7? I know I need to CC everything, check deck height and do the math & will do that. I was just wondering if anyone has done this or if you know if it is possible to get higher compression with the combination of parts I have. Finally, is the size of combustion chamber smaller on 1.7 heads that have been opened up to fit 1.8 cylinders as compared to a stock 1.8 head. Thanks for any help.