Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need wiring help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
The car is a 72. I am trying to figure out what some of the wires are for on the car to reuse for other purposes. The first is actually a round plug that sits in the access panel between the two seat. It has two yellow wires going to the plug. One of those wires runs forward on the tunnel. The second yellow wire goes? There is also a white wire to that same plug?
type47
best I can do:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/elec...lectric_71A.jpg

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/elec...lectric_71b.jpg

I can't see any component wth 2 yellows and a white.....
jsayre914
its not part of the seatbelt buzzer is it?
Krieger
I found the old seat belts. There is a plug coming off the two seat belt receivers that plugs into it. So now still the question where does the yellow and white wires go?
SirAndy
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jul 1 2012, 02:55 PM) *

its not part of the seatbelt buzzer is it?

If i'm not mistaken, the '72 cars didn't have a seat belt buzzer ...
idea.gif

PS: Pictures would help!
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Krieger
I have a new computer and this may be too big.
Krieger
Maybe too small?
Krieger
Too big?
Krieger
Here is another one Im tackling. I removed the door buzzer switches and most of the wiring. I will not use them. Im left with this gray wire with a redish brown spiraling stripe coming from the ignition switch. It eventually, through the switches, ran to a plug with no relay on the fuse box....I think Can I just use shrink tubing over the end from the ig switch?
Krieger
This is where there is another matching wire from door contacts. Hook up to wire dangling from ig switch? Or cut off at the fuse box and use the wire danging from ignition to power something else in future?
type47
I suggest you look for wiring colors in the later track current flow diagrams on pelican; they are the 74-> (there is a link in my signature). I think there are fewer differences in color; more similarities with your 72 so you "should" be able to find your items...
Dave_Darling
Relay with a gray/red wire on the fuse panel looks to be a fog light relay. Are there also red/black, white/blue, and white/yellow wires?

The yellows and white does not look familiar, but I'm not very familiar with 72s, nor with the center tunnel wires. Are the wires a solid yellow and solid white?

--DD
Krieger
Hey Dave, the relay only has one solid red and two of the gray/reds.
The yellow and whites are solid as best I can tell.
Eric_Shea
Yellow and white turns the red light on on the dash... "Fasten Seat Belt" when there's a butt in the passengers cushion.
cwpeden
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 1 2012, 09:19 PM) *

Yellow and white turns the red light on on the dash... "Fasten Seat Belt" when there's a butt in the passengers cushion.

I agree, my 72 had sensor cushions with no lights or associated electronics? huh.gif
Krieger
DOH! I have been looking at the wrong wiring diagram. I was not seeing the word "except" printed next to USA. I feel like a dummy. Its for seat belts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.