Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Weights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toadman
Just got back from the post office. I used their scale to weigh, to the ounce, several common 914 wheels. All of these weights are for clean, bare wheels with no wheel weights, no valve stems or lug bolts. I am preparing a set of autocross wheels and a set of track wheels and want to start with the lightest, commonly available wheel possible. Thought that others might be able to use this info so here it is.

All wheels are 4X130 bolt pattern. The Minilite wheel is 6.5" X 15". The rest of the wheels are 5.5" X 15". Weights are from lightest to heaviest.

Mahle - 13 lbs. 4 oz.
Fuchs - 13 lbs. 15 oz.
914 Steel "Sport" wheel - 17 lbs. 0 oz.
914 Steel "Beetle" wheel - 17 lbs. 1 oz.
Minilite - 17 lbs. 15 oz.

jimkelly
4 lug wheels
four lug wheels

thanks for this info

associated thread of 4 lug wheels
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...our+bolt+wheels

jim
mskala
Yes this is good info.

There have been tons of other threads where people post weights
that are usually worthless due to the equipment used.
mepstein
Mahle gasburners are 10.4lbs but you have to go 5 lug.
sixerdon
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 5 2012, 03:01 AM) *

Interesting, Mark. From where is your source? Mine weigh in at a hair under 10 lbs. They are listed at being 9.9 lbs or 4.5 kg.
Don
johannes
QUOTE(toadman @ Jul 4 2012, 10:00 AM) *

Just got back from the post office. I used their scale to weigh, to the ounce, several common 914 wheels. All of these weights are for clean, bare wheels with no wheel weights, no valve stems or lug bolts. I am preparing a set of autocross wheels and a set of track wheels and want to start with the lightest, commonly available wheel possible. Thought that others might be able to use this info so here it is.

All wheels are 4X130 bolt pattern. The Minilite wheel is 6.5" X 15". The rest of the wheels are 5.5" X 15". Weights are from lightest to heaviest.

Mahle - 13 lbs. 4 oz.
Fuchs - 13 lbs. 15 oz.

Funny because I always have read Fuchs_are_the_lightest_because_they_are_forged ...
mepstein
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Jul 5 2012, 08:20 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 5 2012, 03:01 AM) *

Interesting, Mark. From where is your source? Mine weigh in at a hair under 10 lbs. They are listed at being 9.9 lbs or 4.5 kg.
Don

My digital scale.
mepstein
QUOTE(johannes @ Jul 5 2012, 08:38 AM) *

Mahle - 13 lbs. 4 oz.
Fuchs - 13 lbs. 15 oz.

Funny because I always have read Fuchs_are_the_lightest_because_they_are_forged ...

Strength to weight ratio is probably better for the forged wheel.
toadman
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 5 2012, 05:03 AM) *

QUOTE(johannes @ Jul 5 2012, 08:38 AM) *

Mahle - 13 lbs. 4 oz.
Fuchs - 13 lbs. 15 oz.

Strength to weight ratio is probably better for the forged wheel.

I agree. I am going to use Fuchs for my autox and track tire sets.
shuie
Good info. Thanks for sharing.

I'm out of town right now and can't get a weight on these, but here is a 4 lug 15x7 that is really light. I don't have one handy for a comparison, but it seems almost as light as a 15x7 Fuchs in hand. I'll get an actual weight when I get back home.

IPB Image
toadman
QUOTE(shuie @ Jul 5 2012, 06:07 PM) *

Good info. Thanks for sharing.

I'm out of town right now and can't get a weight on these, but here is a 4 lug 15x7 that is really light. I don't have one handy for a comparison, but it seems almost as light as a 15x7 Fuchs in hand. I'll get an actual weight when I get back home.

IPB Image

The ATS is my favorite 4-lug, 5-spoke wheel. I would like to know what you find out about the weight on your 7" X 15" ATS. I know these also came in 5.5" X 15" and would like to know what one of those weighs, too.
burton73
I saw this old posting and I have pictures and weights of a couple of different wheels for the 914.

The Mahle 5 lug Gasburner is 10lb 2 oz ---
The Pedrini 4 lug is 14lb. 2 oz

Just so you know

Best Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
914werke
Pedrini? smile.gif
rfinegan
Enkei 92, Classic Series, 25mm, 4x100, only 15.1 lbs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.