Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New guy saying hello!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
adam_wakeley
Hello all,

My name is Adam Wakeley and I am from Louisville, KY. I am an A&P technician by trade, but have also worked at several car dealers. I love all forms of transportation, the mechanical side especially. I am new to Porsche, but have had several Vdubs, and several old American cars. I am a member of some other forums dealing with American vehicles, and have learned a great deal from them. I hope I can do the same here.

What I'm working on is a 76 914, that belongs to a friend of mine. Someone has tried to convert it to dual webers, but stopped in the middle. I have got it back together and it does run. Should be a pretty fun car when it is driveable. Needing some hard to find parts though.

Adam
SLITS
welcome.png

Welcome ... post your requests in the classifieds and check out the Member's Vendor section for a great deal of the parts you may need / want.

Lots of information about getting better performance out of the '76.
JawjaPorsche
welcome.png

You came to right place if you need help! Lots of intelligent people on this forum, me excluded!
rick 918-S
welcome.png
Socalandy
welcome.png
Cairo94507
Hello Adam-

Welcome to the World.

Caution...if you continue to work on that '76 914 it may get into your blood and the next thing you now you might feel compelled to buy one of your own. Have fun.
zymurgist
welcome.png Got pictures?
boogie_man
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 12 2012, 09:43 AM) *

welcome.png

walterolin
Hello Adam,

Welcome to the addiction. Apparently there is no known cure. This site is an incredible source of information - post questions, use the search engine. There are a number of pros who post here on a regular basis, there is a current discussion going on about manifold pressure sensors with some good physics.

I live near Seneca Park, name and number are in the phone book. Give me a call some time, or send a PM, and we can talk about the addiction.

I have a 1970 1.7L which I bought in 1977. Currently it is almost completely disassembled, getting ready to go to Cliffords. I know the early ones pretty well, not quite as good on a '76.

Walter Olin
seanery
Welcome Adam!

I was driving through your city as you wrote that message! I know, I'm easily amused blink.gif
carr914
welcome.png
Lennies914
welcome.png
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(adam_wakeley @ Jul 12 2012, 09:17 AM) *

Hello all,

My name is Adam Wakeley and I am from Louisville, KY. I am an A&P technician by trade, but have also worked at several car dealers. I love all forms of transportation, the mechanical side especially. I am new to Porsche, but have had several Vdubs, and several old American cars. I am a member of some other forums dealing with American vehicles, and have learned a great deal from them. I hope I can do the same here.

What I'm working on is a 76 914, that belongs to a friend of mine. Someone has tried to convert it to dual webers, but stopped in the middle. I have got it back together and it does run. Should be a pretty fun car when it is driveable. Needing some hard to find parts though.

Adam

welcome.png I like the fact you used your real name. laugh.gif
krazykonrad
welcome.png

We're glad to have you here. There's no such thing as a stupid question. If there were such a rule, they would have kicked me off years ago.

Konrad
rnellums
You might be joining at a good time! I think the annual Mid-US ramble is being held pretty close to you and your friend in KY this fall.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(adam_wakeley @ Jul 12 2012, 01:17 PM) *

Hello all,

Adam

Hi and welcome,
Post a couple of pics and list the VIN in the vin section and here so we can see where its sits the last days..

What parts do you need??? Nothing made of unobtainium I hope!
NOS AAR valve?
NOS MPS?

lol-2.gif
ThePaintedMan
welcome.png Welcome aboard Adam! You'll love this place, lots of great people and great advice. I recently got my dual carbs running right with the help of the guys here. I would be nowhere without them!
76-914
welcome.png As an A&P you are familiar w/ air cooled nuances . Your halfway there. You said carbs. Was the cam ever changed out to match the carb set up. If not you can expect the forever tuning process.
adam_wakeley
Thanks all for the warm welcome! I do have a few pictures and will post them as soon as I get time as well as VIN. Already posted in classifieds about parts I need just to get driving and a couple guys have already been of help. Like I said, I've already got the engine back in and had it fired and running. Nothing seems too difficult on this car so far, I do not know if the previous guy she had working on the car changed cam. I seriously doubt it. This car was her Dad's and I really suspect she is wanting to get it running/driving long enough to take her Dad's ashes for a ride.
adam_wakeley
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 12 2012, 10:09 PM) *

QUOTE(adam_wakeley @ Jul 12 2012, 09:17 AM) *

Hello all,

Adam

welcome.png I like the fact you used your real name. laugh.gif

Absolutely! I do it on all the forums I belong to.

Valy
welcome.png
trojanhorsepower
welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.