Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 dilema
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Cairo94507
Wowzer! You so scored with that car. w00t.gif
303racing
Thought I`d give you guys an update on a few things I`ve been doing with my new toy. Biggest question was engine condition - After sitting 10 years, a lot of soaking w/marvel myst. oil here`s what I came up with. I have a sneaky feeling this engine has had at least a top end job if not a complete rebuild at some time in it`s life. Remember it has 116,000 mi. on it. Had to put a starter on it, other one was really dragging. #1-150psi, #2-140, #3-155, #4-140, #5-145, #6-145. Nice! I think after getting some miles on it we`ll do it again, may see it even out a little but overall not bad. Also no leaks at the pushrod tubes, cylinders have that light, "I`ve been replaced" look to them. On the downside since it`s been sitting once I get some miles on some leaks may show up. I do have a possible rear main and front crank seal weep, keeping my fingers crossed. Flushed the engine and serviced it, I`ll service it again after I get a 100 or so on it. Used some cheap oil this time, next one get`s the Kendall 10w/40. Considering adding some seal conditioner also. Going to do an electrical check now, don`t know what works and what doesn`t. Take a look at the pic of the rear end. See anything out of place? He added the middle long reflector so thats gotta go. All the brakes are shot and will need to re-seal the m/c to play it safe. Have all new SS brake lines. All the shifter bushings are shot, I need to find the firewall bushing boot and cover too. Anyone have one they want to part with? Overall I`m really happy with what I found so far, not a whole lot to do to get it running - oh yeah, the carbs. Need to address that. Don`t have a game plan or the pocket book for those yet. Stay tuned.
Cairo94507
Great; keep the pictures coming as you work on this car. Thanks.
6freak
No push rod tubes! its not a VW motor...someone deleted the side markers??....anywho looks pretty strait ..good score and have fun smile.gif
Socalandy
Congrats!!! Nice score for sure
pete000
NICE ONE !!!
porbmw
Welcome to the club....well done! You will not regret it, these cars are SO much fun. beerchug.gif
303racing
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 1 2012, 08:54 PM) *

No push rod tubes! its not a VW motor...someone deleted the side markers??....anywho looks pretty strait ..good score and have fun smile.gif

Yeah, caught myself on that one after I posted - oop`s. Someone did do a delete on the side markers. No big deal, I`m not going for the 100 point correct look anyway.
rjames
Wow. I think even I would have been able to talk my wife into allowing me to purchase a 6 for that price in that condition.

Congrats!
6freak
[quote name='3. No big deal, I`m not going for the 100 point correct look anyway.
[/quote]
I agree ..kinda like it that way anyhow..I see the 914-6 emblem on the car ...right on

smile.gif
tscrihfield
Great buy! Love that vintage prototipo!

Enjoy driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.