Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What size bolts/screws hold the back pad on?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Matt Meyer
I am putting the back pad on the 914 for the first time since I have owned the car. What size bolts or screws should attach the back pad.

The fine thread metric of the seat bolts and door panel handle bolts appear th be the correct diameter but wrong pitch.
GeorgeRud
The top of the back pad is held in by brackets that are released by sliding the back pad vertically ( can't remember if it was up or down right now).

The bottom is held by some sheet metal screws if I remember correctly. They are probably number 10 or 12 size. Don't have my car here to check, but that should get you there.
TheCabinetmaker
Oval head phillips sheet metal screw. Its a metric size but its not listed in the PET. A #8 or 10 should work. They used a trim washer too.
Ian Stott
I will be taking my back off once driving season is over, do you pull down or up after undoing the screws? Has anyone ever done the backpad in leather?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
TheCabinetmaker
After removing the screws at the bottom, pull the bottom out, and down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.