Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transaxle Leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruby914
I have had a leak that I thought was the rear main seal in the WRX but now that it is apart I am sure it is the main transaxle seal.
I got a new one but I dont think it is the correct part.
The guy said bus and 914 are the same. It looks different.
Now I am tring to get the old seal out, seal puller didn't fit, is there a trick?
Dave_Darling
What is the part number of the one you wound up with? It looks like the correct part is a Bug part, number 113 311 113 B.

The old seal can get pulled out carefully with various poking implements, or you can run a wood screw into it and pull on the screw, or you can just push it into the body of the transmission if you're taking that apart anyway.

You've taken the throwout bearing guide tube off the transmission already, right?

--DD
ruby914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 14 2012, 02:31 PM) *

What is the part number of the one you wound up with? It looks like the correct part is a Bug part, number 113 311 113 B.

The old seal can get pulled out carefully with various poking implements, or you can run a wood screw into it and pull on the screw, or you can just push it into the body of the transmission if you're taking that apart anyway.

You've taken the throwout bearing guide tube off the transmission already, right?

--DD

Yes I took off the guide.
the PN i got is 113-311-113 A. Close.
Is there some plastic cap over the seal?
ruby914
here is where I am.
I did the screw thing but it was not commimg out.
If this is the correct 113A seal it looks like something of a larger OD is covering it.
ruby914
I got it out.
The old seal had a lip, that the new one didn't
Thanks Dave.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.