Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One owner 1973 2.0 Alaska Blue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jul 28 2012, 05:25 PM) *

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew you would get it. Now we need pictures of her out of the garage! beer.gif

Will be next Saturday.
sixnotfour
how much $$$ ball park figure
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 28 2012, 05:49 PM) *

how much $$$ ball park figure

In the ballpark.
poorsche914
bye1.gif Hi, Donald! Sitting at the Memphis airport.
Betsy looks like a great find!

driving.gif
EdwardBlume
first.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Congratulations! Now make her a purdy teener!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 29 2012, 08:10 AM) *

She is already purdy, I just need to make her run.
billh1963
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 29 2012, 12:43 PM) *

So....you pick up the new car?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jul 30 2012, 08:14 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 29 2012, 12:43 PM) *

So....you pick up the new car?

No, not until after the autocross this coming Saturday.
saigon71
Congrats on your "new" teener Shoe!
maf914
The steering wheel in the first photo on page one looks like a MOMO Andretti model with the removable foam center pad. I have one in my car and I think it is a great steering wheel.

Have fun with your new 914! aktion035.gif
jt914-6
Congrats on the find..... smilie_pokal.gif maybe you'll "find" mine one day..... lol-2.gif I guess Ken's friend is a no show too.... yellowsleep[1].gif

I guess the autox is in Memphis?? The one here is Sat. too...
hot_shoe914
Tomorrow is the big day. After the AX tomorrow, I go get Betsy and bring her to her new home. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Hopefully I will be able to have her running and driving.gif in 2 or 3 weeks. aktion035.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:14 PM) *

Tomorrow is the big day. After the AX tomorrow, I go get Betsy and bring her to her new home. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Hopefully I will be able to have her running and driving.gif in 2 or 3 weeks. aktion035.gif

That is awesome! We need copious amounts of pictures so that we can all be jealous! drooley.gif drooley.gif
hot_shoe914
Betsy is home, will post pics in a little while.

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 4 2012, 06:14 PM) *

Betsyis home, will post pics in a little while.

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Awesome! Can't wait t see what I missed! biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 4 2012, 06:56 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 4 2012, 06:14 PM) *

Betsyis home, will post pics in a little while.

Awesome! Can't wait t see what I missed! biggrin.gif

Actually you didn't miss anything too special.
hot_shoe914
A couple more.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
billh1963
Looks great! You know my number if you change your mind. smile.gif

Is that rust on the driver's door sill?
rnellums
Wowie Zowie! Bring it to MUSR? It looks great!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 4 2012, 07:37 PM) *

Looks great! You know my number if you change your mind. smile.gif

Is that rust on the driver's door sill?

Nope, once again lazy work from a few years ago when the jack post was replaced.
poorsche914
Nicest one yet, Don. Way to go! I see she has a spot off the street and under the shelter smile.gif
How's Christine taking it?

driving.gif
hot_shoe914
Wowie Zowie! Bring it to MUSR? It looks great!

I'm skipping MUSR this year to go to nationals in September and ECC in October. Also, don't believe there is going to be an MUSR this year since I'm not planning it and nobody has stepped up to volunteer.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 4 2012, 07:44 PM) *

Nicest one yet, Don. Way to go! I see she has a spot off the street and under the shelter smile.gif
How's Christine taking it?

driving.gif

Christine is parked out on the street with an umbrella cover. She doesn't seem to care right now since out of my 5 teeners, she is the only one I can drive right now. The LE still runs but needs a wheel bearing replaced so she is stored in an adjacent city at a girls house who had extra space.
poorsche914
No MUSR? blink.gif sad.gif hissyfit.gif
Dave_Darling
Where is the clutch pedal?

Why does it look like the brake pedal is on top of the throttle pedal?

--DD
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 4 2012, 09:48 PM) *

Where is the clutch pedal?

Why does it look like the brake pedal is on top of the throttle pedal?

--DD

Because I had the carpet pulled up and just flipped it over on the pedals without putting it back proper since I have to replace the throttle cable.
billh1963
So...you get it running? sunglasses.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 4 2012, 10:11 PM) *

So...you get it running? sunglasses.gif

Haven't touched it. Probably order a carb kit and yank the carbs off to have them rebuilt while I pull take and other things.
hot_shoe914
Here are a few more pics.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
and more

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
Click to view attachment
speed metal army
Nice Shoe! Wash the mud offa those tires! bye1.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Aug 5 2012, 01:57 AM) *

Nice Shoe! Wash the mud offa those tires! bye1.gif

No need, those tires are 20 years old, they need to be replaced anyway. shades.gif
jsayre914
You just had to get one that looks just like mine dry.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Aug 5 2012, 04:14 PM) *

You just had to get one that looks just like mine dry.gif

Yours looks much nicer than mine Joe, besides, yours will always be blasting out great tunes. piratenanner.gif
hot_shoe914
Started the fixing process today. Took the gas cap off and she is about 3/4 full and smells like a tub of varnish. I took the carbs off and am ordering rebuild kits for them. What was strange though is the fact that the 2 outer studs on the intakes were replaced with bolts and the center still had the stud and nut. I will try and get the tank drained next and then remove it for cleaning. Looks like it is going to be a slow process but eventually I will get Betsy running again I hope.
hot_shoe914
I dropped the gas tank off yesterday to get it boiled out and cleaned. Now I am pondering getting it powder coated but most likely will just prime and paint it.

Carbs have also been removed and I have already aquired the rebuild kits for them. This will happen once I return from the Solo Nationals in Lincoln, Ne in 10 days. I still need to drain the brake system and get all frsh fluid. Car has stainless brake lines but I still need toreplace the ones going to the top of the master cylinder. Also need to buy new fuel lines. She won't be running as quickly as I'd like for her to be but Betsy is coming along nicely.
hot_shoe914
THIS CAR IS NOW FOR SALE!

Ad to follow in the classifieds as soon as I get it typed up.
hot_shoe914
She now is running. The carbs have been rebuilt, the brake fluid flushed and replaced with fresh. A new fuel pump has been installed. New plugs, fresh oil change with Brad Penn 20/50. Now to get the throttle cable fixed so I can take her for a road test.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

pete000
Nice save !

If you want to sell the steering wheel separate let me know !

hot_shoe914
I have been working on Betsy a little at a time for a few weeks now. We have managed to get her running but still had throttle problems. Fixed the throttle problem by replacing the pedal cluster and also having a friend do a little welding. Thinking we were close to completion with this we tried to start her up only to find we were no longer getting gas. headbang.gif

Tonight we tackled that problem and after installing the 3rd, yes, I said 3rd, new fuel pump she was ready to run again. To our dismay we once again had no throttle. headbang.gif With a little work from my friend Ken(7275914911) we had throttle again. Reached in, turned the key and the magic began. Betsy came to life once again and seems to be running very smoothly. So after 20 years of hibernation in a garage, Betsy moved again for the first time under her own power. aktion035.gif Only drove her around the block a couple of times but she really was smooth. Still need a clutch adjustment and a few other minor things done and then she will be ready to go once she gets new tires.
rnellums
Excellent!
jsayre914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Great news!!
hot_shoe914
icon_bump.gif ing for deputydog
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.