Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Was this built on a 914 ? Anyone know it ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mountain914
Somehow ran across this picture, from the Coronado Speed Festival 2006.

Someone said it was built on a 914 chassis, but I have never seen it discussed (read: copius amounts of either critisim or praise) on the world.

I think the structure looks neat, IMHO, assuming the bodywork and fit/finish isn't yet complete.
6freak
YUP
smile.gif
Mountain914
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 23 2012, 02:58 PM) *

YUP
smile.gif

Tease... shades.gif
Dave_Darling
There have been at least two other threads in the Garage on this car that I can remember.

Probably more that I can't.... beer3.gif

--DD
Dr Evil
Oh ya, Scotty this is what I want my car to look like when you are done poke.gif
RiqueMar
I've seen this car twice, each time at Coronado. I always look for the owner, but he is never to be found!

If I remember, it's a V8 conversion. Which made sense, because it must be awfully heavy.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 23 2012, 03:37 PM) *

There have been at least two other threads in the Garage on this car that I can remember.

Probably more that I can't.... beer3.gif

--DD

agree.gif
mittelmotor
I've seen the car at Coronado too. The bodywork is "finished," I believe, to show off the high standard of metalworking...a pretty cool treatment, IMHO.

It also wins the award for the 914 that looks most like a Fiero! w00t.gif
ChrisFoley
Justin Beiber's chrome Fisker is better looking.
toolguy
He's a private guy, believe his name is Chris in Bay Park of San Diego. . He does all metal work, invisible seams, polishes the surface and painted in clear. Pictures don't do his work justice. . He has a 'Guy's Swap Meet Wagon' built like a midgit sport fishing boat, that is unbelievable also. .
DonTraver
He does very nice work and that's my RS America in the background.

Rand
Looks like it hasn't changed much in the past several years...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=53213

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=86827
Drums66
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jul 24 2012, 08:26 AM) *

I've seen this car twice, each time at Coronado. I always look for the owner, but he is never to be found!

If I remember, it's a V8 conversion. Which made sense, because it must be awfully heavy.

......I too,have seen that car at north island speed(Coronado)I think it is connected
to Mark Zawaya? sweet machine concept.
Rand
Six years ago I thought: Nice exterior metal work. But WTF.gif was he thinking with the interior? He must have had someone else do that.
I feel the same way today. I can take the Kirkey-style seats, but the shift knob and the diamond plate are too much. And while I admire the metal work of the dash top...That's the wrong place for shiny metal - On a sunny day you are going to see more sun spots and glare than surrounding traffic.

IPB Image
Drums66
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 30 2012, 03:40 PM) *

Six years ago I thought: Nice exterior metal work. But WTF.gif was he thinking with the interior? He must have had someone else do that.
I feel the same way today. I can take the Kirkey-style seats, but the shift knob and the diamond plate are too much. And while I admire the metal work of the dash top...That's the wrong place for shiny metal - On a sunny day you are going to see more sun spots and glare than surrounding traffic.

IPB Image

.......I don't much care for the door panels or the dash(different strokes for
different folks)
Jeffs9146
How about this one!!

It says it is a 74 Porsche 914?? WTF.gif

Looks like a Corvett to me!
sean_v8_914
chris is a master metal guru. all metal, no seams. panels are scratch built, not just added over the top. i wish I could post a pic of his back yard. yes, V8 chevy. no ventilation, no wipers. its automotive art, not a daily driver.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.