Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: South Bay (LAX) Carb Clinic and Lift Assembly Party, Aug 25th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ruby914
Thanks Mark and Dianne,
The shop looks great, lift came together well.
Just need some redheads and bolt it down.
It was great to give Kent a ride in the Suby. driving.gif I can see he is stoked to get started on his project.
It was nice to see everyone, I am starting to get all the names and faces put together..
Good work beerchug.gif
Now, if I could get my FI tuned poke.gif
KaptKaos
Had a great time. Was good to see everyone!!

mrbubblehead
thanks for hosting the gig yesterday mark. i like getting together and meeting people with the same insane hobby as me. normal people just dont understand.

i want to apologize to the people who attended the carb clinic. a public speaker i am not. i even spent a week on the handouts. but as soon as the camera started rolling (which i hadnt planned on) i just fell apart. hopefully the hand outs made more sense than i did...LOL
KaptKaos
Doug, you did great! Be sure to send me the PDF of the your handout. If its justa word doc, then send that and I can PDF it for you.

Mark - Awesome host!! smilie_pokal.gif
Elliot Cannon
Much thanks to Mark and Dianne for all the hard work putting this together. I think I counted 13 Porsche 914's at this event. Here are just a few.
Elliot Cannon
Old school tying to figure out how to get the film in the camera. laugh.gif
Elliot Cannon
Lotsa cooks in the kitchen but they finally got it sorted out. I think Mark will get some good use out of this lift. I wish I had room for one like it.
Elliot Cannon
Slits holding the instructions. Mike trying to explain to Leaman that he's holding the wrong end of the wrench. av-943.gif
Elliot Cannon
Richard trying to explain where the motor is. lol-2.gif
Elliot Cannon
Some of the raffle prizes. This was a really fun event. smilie_pokal.gif Maybe we can talk Mark and Dianne into doing this again sometime. wub.gif Although if more people show up Mark will have to get a bigger shop. laugh.gif
euro911
It was really nice of our landlord to offer the use of a vacant shop ... it came in handy for Doug's carb clinic session. The landlord is a car guy too, not sure why he didn't make it to the event confused24.gif

Kind of bummed though, the vacant shop/neighbor was a prototype/small production machinist that had been there for 8 years. Gonna miss Moe, although he lives locally and pops in from time to time.

Another guy who has a Harley repair shop down the street (Larry Settles) stopped in when he saw all the cars in the lot. Apparently, he has a 914 with a 3.2 in it ... will have to check it out popcorn[1].gif

An additional thanks to Ron (SLITS), Jack (SECHSER) and Tony (arg) for helping us clean up ... much appreciated thumb3d.gif

Edit:
Oh, and the 'raffle' was actually a free give-away, mostly freebies that HF offers (makes one wonder how much I shop there) laugh.gif

Those who's raffle tickets were called first got the first pick of the items on the table, just a little something to take away for helping out. The dough in my hand came from some unexpected voluntary donations and were appreciated as well smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Mr. Bubbleheads,

Your presentation was really good. The way you explained the sequence of adjustments was easy to follow and took a lot of the mystery out of adjusting and syncing carbs.

Thanks for taking the time...y smile.gif
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 26 2012, 04:05 PM) *

Mr. Bubbleheads,

Your presentation was really good. The way you explained the sequence of adjustments was easy to follow and took a lot of the mystery out of adjusting and syncing carbs.

Thanks for taking the time...y smile.gif

thanks jim.
914-300Hemi
Mark,
Thank you for hosting the event. I had a great time meeting and talking to people that have the same sickness.
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Aug 26 2012, 09:59 AM) *

thanks for hosting the gig yesterday mark. i like getting together and meeting people with the same insane hobby as me. normal people just dont understand.

i want to apologize to the people who attended the carb clinic. a public speaker i am not. i even spent a week on the handouts. but as soon as the camera started rolling (which i hadnt planned on) i just fell apart. hopefully the hand outs made more sense than i did...LOL

You did a great job Doug.
oldschool
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 26 2012, 10:54 AM) *

I put the raw footage in the hands of Make D...just found out he know how to cut...(film) lol-2.gif ..Tape..lol
Let me know if you need anything from me mike...
Black22
QUOTE(oldschool @ Aug 26 2012, 07:52 PM) *

I put the raw footage in the hands of Make D...just found out he know how to cut...(film) lol-2.gif ..Tape..lol

Oldschool, I have Final Cut Pro...but no time to edit! Maybe I'll take a stab....no....cut at the next one! Thanks for covering the event! beerchug.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(Black22 @ Aug 26 2012, 08:17 PM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Aug 26 2012, 07:52 PM) *

Oldschool, I have Final Cut Pro...but no time to edit! Maybe I'll take a stab....no....cut at the next one! Thanks for covering the event! beerchug.gif

Cool dude, as I'm typing this I'm looking at the carb footage now, btw it looks like a few guy have some video skills I would love to have some help on some future car related projects aktion035.gif
RSrocket
Looks like I missed a great event. I ended up getting off of work early Sat morning and fell asleep on the couch sad.gif Hopefully there will be another one soon smile.gif
oldschool
914 Party

Check out a short clip...

Sorry please give it a min... its not done uploading barf.gif
euro911
I've only worked with magnetic media from the late 70's through the early 90's. I'm just now starting to experiment with digital editing.

I've tried a couple of programs (GoPro's CineForm Studio & VideoPad), but not having much luck dry.gif ... I might need to take a class somewhere confused24.gif
euro911
QUOTE(ruby914 @ Aug 26 2012, 12:01 AM) *
Thanks Mark and Dianne,
The shop looks great, lift came together well.
Just need some redheads and bolt it down

Great suggestion, Mike idea.gif

Click to view attachment

shocked[1].gif
ruby914
You need help with that let me know. biggrin.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(ruby914 @ Aug 27 2012, 09:12 AM) *

You need help with that let me know. biggrin.gif

Thanks Mark AND Diane.

Good seeing familiar faces and some new ones.

Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.