Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: battery tray and 914-6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
I am in the process of welding up the trouble areas in the engine bay in preparation for a 3.2 conversion. I removed the engine mount supports, and then the rusted longitudinal sections underneath, so the battery tray is currently in the scrap heap. I would like to cut out the suspension ears because they keep catching my back as I bend under, but will stop short of that welder.gif . But it occurs to me that I need not necessarily want to replace the battery in the original place. My 911 for example carries its battery in the nose, neatly counter weighting the AC compressor that isn't currently there.

Also, a battery in the stock 914 location might be a bit in the way with the 3.2.

So, what is the preferred location? Stock? Or, moved.

BTW. Are there any other things that I am better off without such as the MPS bracket or the relay box holder? I am hoping to gain from your experiences.
Thanks.
mepstein
You can put it anywhere. Front, back, I've even seen it in the passenger compartment. But I'm going stock. Doesn't take up trunk space,short cables, looks good, it should fit in a normal 3.2 conversion and it - theoretically- offsets some driver weight.
ellisor3
I decided to leave mine in the stock location, will fit fine w/3.2 and you don't have to go to multiple places if you need to disconnect it. I did remove the rain tray. You can see some pictures of it if you click on the Signature.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.